Chapter 25🖤

A few minutes later we are sitting on the bleachers Kim's head is in her homework, she wants to get it done so she can go workout with her brothers probably and my eyes are clued to the field trying to find Chase on the field.

This year his football number is #22.

My eyes quickly scan around looking for him, after a few seconds I finally catch his number as his running down the field, smiling as I see him turn my way and I raise my hand giveing him a wave to let him know I am here.

I know I was a few minutes late but I didn't miss much in only 5 minutes.

I can see from here that his chaw is clenched tight and he turns away from me without giving me anything, not a wave or a smile.

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Maybe he is the type that takes football too seriously, and I can understand that so I don't take it too much to heart.

I look over and see that Sarah is clued to her phone but I see what she is doing, she is trying to be sneaky with taking a few pictures of the players.

"Is that allowed?" I asked her as I nudged her arm to get her attention.

"I don't care, look at all that hotness." She shrugs and keeps her eyes on her phone leaning it towards her a bit and I giggle at her.

She will do anything for a good shot.

I take my eyes off of her and let her do her thing and turn my eyes back to the players mainly Chase. It doesn't take me long to find him again and again I smile when I catch him looking my way and still he gives me nothing in return.

Is he mad at me?

I did what he wanted, I came to his practice!

I lied to my parents, well not lied lied if you know what I mean but I still lied about the reason I was watching this practice.

Maybe Chase and I are just too good to be true, maybe I'm not enough. I can't seem to make him happy with anything that I'm doing.

Sighing I give up watching him and pull up my booksack sitting it down next to me on the bench and decide to do some of my homework.

I mean came to watch him and he doesn't seem to care so I might as well get some homework done now and I'll havd more time to maybe watch a new horror movie on Netflix tonight.

About a hour later I hear the couch yelling for the boys to clean up and I'm not sure what I should be doing? Chase didn't seem happy to see me like I thought he would and I don't know if I should hang around to talk with him or if he just wants me to leave.

I feel like I should try to talk with him and see what's up just incase he isn't mad at me and just had a rough practice.

I don't want to disappoint him already.

I wish I could ask Sarah and Kim about what they think his problem is so that maybe I can help him with it but I can't.

I'm scared that if Chase finds out I told them anything he will become angry and break up with me.

I know I shouldn't care, I know I shouldn't be scared of losing him but I am. This boy has had my heart for a very long time and I do not want anything to be the reason that I lose him.

If we break up I don't want it to be my fault and I regret it down the road, I'm not the type that ever cared about being in a relationship but I'm also the girl that has pined over one boy since I was a kid.

I mean a kid, that's how long I have had a crush on this dude.

I would be stupid if I messed this up for myself. I quickly pack up my papers and let Sarah and Kim know I will meet them in the parking lot after I see Chase.

"I'll meet yall at the car. I need to talk with Chase before we leave" I say in a rush before walking down the benches hoping to God I don't fall down on my face and embrace both Chase and I.

"Okay girl" they both say in at the same time as I see them picking up thier things before heading to the other side of the bleachers back to the front parking lot.