Chapter 44🖤

A beeping noice wakes me up, slowly opening my eyes I quickly shut them after seeing the bright light shining down on me, covering my eyes with my hand letting out a soft groan as I slowly sit up.

"Honey, she is awake." My mother cried, causing me to pop my eyes open, looking around the room I noticed that I'm actually in a hospital.

What happened?

"Sweetie? Raven? Can you hear me baby? It's momma." My mom whispered as she walked towards the bed slowly pulling my hand away from my eyes, the lights shooting pain through my head.

Opening and closing my eyes a few times, letting them adjust myself to the lights around me." What happened?" I asked softly, feeling my mom's hand squeezing mine.

"You were in a wreck, honey. You hit your head on the dashboard. Chase was driving you home. Don't you remember?" My mom asked softly, shooting my dad a worried look before gently sitting on the edge of my bed.

"What? I don't remember-" I started to stutter out being completely confused. I don't remember wrecking. I remember Chase driving us to the lake, I remember what we did. I remember us fighting because he called me a hoe but I don't remember wrecking.

"It's okay, honey. Don't stress yourself." My dad said while coming to stand on the other side of my bed, leaning down and pressing his lips to my forehead.

We got in a wreck?

I don't understand. I don't even remember leaving the lake.

"I told your parents what happened. I'm so sorry baby please forgive me. I shouldn't have driven us. It's all my fault." Chases cry fills the room and I lean up looking around my mom to see him, with his hands covering his face and his chest heaving as he cries. "A car pulled out in front of us. I slammed on the breaks but you did not have your seatbelt on. You hit my dash Rave. God, I'm so sorry." He sobs out, as I look at his in confusion. "I'm sorry, please forgive me, I did not mean for that to happen."

No.

What?

I don't think that happened.

"What were you thinking Raven? You know better than to get inside a vehicle knowing yall was drinking. I'm so disappointed in you but I'm so thankful that you're okay." My dad's stern voice hits me like a break, hearing him say he was disappointed in me breaking my heart.

My parents have never told me that before.

"Dad, I'm sorry I know I should not have, but I don't remember getting into a wreck we-" I started to explain that the last thing I remembered was being parked at the lake.

I was not that drunk that I would not remember getting into a wreck, I only had a few drinks and I will admit I was a little drunk but I just don't remember leaving the lake.

"The doctor told us that you may have suffered some memory loss, baby. It's okay. I told them everything that happened. Just rest."Chase's warm voice got closer to me, as he came to stand behind my mother.

"Let's go get the doctor dear." My mom told my dad, jerking her head towards the door silently telling him let's go.

Probably to give me and Chase a moment alone and no doubt wanting the doctor to check me over.

Once my parents left out the room, I turned my confused eyes on Chase. "Chase, what happened? I don't remember getting into a wreck. I remembered us having sex and us fighting because you got mad that we were no longer together."

"Shut up Raven before your parents hear! Do you want me to go to jail? It's not my fault I have bipolar!" He snarled out reaching his hand out, grabbing mine and squeezed it as he watched the doors.

"What the fuck are you talking about, Chase? What did you do?" I asked in a rush, as memories start flooding through my head.

He tossed me out of his truck, I landed on my left knee.

He jumped out screaming and hollering about me not loving him.

The memory of his hands around my neck not letting go until I told him I loved him and jerked myself out of his hold.

I close my eyes as I watch myself fall backwards, my head hitting something hard before my eyes closed, hearing Chase calling out my naked.

I was also naked.

Looking down, I see that I am fully dressed back in my detective outfit and wearing one of his school hoodies.

He dressed me and brought me to the hospital, told them all that we got into a wreck and my head hit his dashboard.

He lied.

"How could you do that to me Chase? You choked me again! You called me a hoe after what we did! How dare you?" I said harshly swinging my eyes to my hospital doors, making sure my parents are not walking through the door.

"I'm so sorry, baby. Please forgive me. I don't deserve to go to jail because of this, because of something that I was born with." He sobbed out, leaning down, pressing his head into my neck. "Please, I'm sorry. I should never hit you. I should never choke you like that Raven. Please. I'm sorry. "I'm sorry for hurting-"

"What?"Kim's hard snarl jerked me and Chase both up, staring at her in horror as she looks towards me and Chase. "You hit her? You fucking choke her!"

"Kim, that's not what you think. He has bipolar. It's not his fault. Don't tell my parents Kim please." I begged her as Chase rose off of me, looking back at her with the same narrow eyes she was giving him.

"Raven! How could you not have told us? Why are you still with this mother fucker?" She growled out, walking closer to me and Chase, shock and betrayal flashing over her face.

"I have bipolar. I don't mean to hurt her Kim. I love her." He snarled out, shooting Kim a pissed off look.

"It's not his fault-" I started to say again, but I hear my mom and dad's voice flowing into the room as they get closer.

"Kim, please. If you're truly my best friend, you won't say anything. Please. I'm begging you. Don't say anything. He doesn't deserve to go to jail for something that he can't help." I rushed out, my eyes widening with fear as I hear my parents, begging Kim to please not tell them.

"You better fucking break up with him, Raven! He better never touch you again or I swear. I will tell your parents and the damn cops. I can't believe you're using our friendship against me." She sobs out, and my heart breaks as I watch the tears running down her face.

"What-" growled Chase but my parents getting closer cuts him off quickly.

'Okay. I promise. Just don't say anything please." I promised and begged her right before my mom walked into the room, making me hold my breath in fear.