Chapter 48🖤

We've been dancing since we entered the gym, which is decorated with soft white fairy lights hanging from the ceiling and a large Christmas tree decked out in our school colors of silver and red in the center of the room. The Winter Christmas Dance isn't called that for nothing. I'm glad they had the heat turned up in the gym because the cool night air gave me goosebumps as soon as we stepped out of the limousine.

Chase arrived a few minutes later, throwing his arms around me and dragging me backwards into his body as we swayed side to side listening to the music surrounding us.

"You look so beautiful, Raven." His words made my body tremble, as he spoke into the back of my neck. We've been teasing one another for weeks, with a little flirtation and caressing here and there. Though I meant when I said I just wanted to be his friend until he showed to me that he could keep to his medicine, neither of us crossed that line but I will admit it's been rough.

"You look handsome yourself, Chase." I laughed out loud as he gently pulled me away, seized one of my hands, and slowly moved me around in a circle in front of him.

"My love, the most beautiful girl here." As the next song began to play, he groaned and jerked me back into his body, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Chase, stop it. I'm hardly the prettiest but I'm glad you think so." I mumbled before smiling up at him, his complement shooting through me making me feel beautiful.

"Please, don't say that. You are the most beautiful girl I have ever met Raven, no one else compares to you." He smirked before leaning in and kissing me slowly, with his lips softly against mine. I kissed him back as I wrapped my arms around him, pulling his body closer to mine. I had missed being like this with him for the past few weeks.

"Thank you for staying with me, baby. Thank you for never giving up on me. You have no fucking idea how much I truly love you Raven. I don't deserve you." He whispered against my lips once he leaned back, and pulled our mouths apart.

"I love you too, Chase. I'm happy that you decided to keep taking your medicine baby. I was hoping that us being apart would push you to stay with them. I'm happy that I was right." I told him softly, raising my hands up and running them through his dark hair.

As we dance about in slow circles, the sweet love song playing from the speakers across the gym, I peered over his shoulder to see Kim watching us with a worrying expression on her face. I'm hoping she gets what I'm trying to do. I love Chase, and I want to stick by his side as long as he is attempting to help himself. When you love someone, you do things like that. You stick with them and help them in becoming better.

Chase has shown me that he is capable of change, and I owe it to our love to give it another shot; I don't want to look back on my life with regrets. Just hoping I'm making the right choice.

Chase and I danced to a few more songs together before I told him I needed to go dance with my girls for a while, and I joked that he couldn't get all of my attention for the entire night. He laughed at my joke before telling me to go ahead and joined his friends Mark and Brad at the table where they're both drinking something that probably shouldn't be at a school dance.

"Are you okay? " Kim asked softly when I walked up to her and Sarah, Sarah dancing around chugging on her own drink and I have a feeling it's definitely not punch in that cup.

"Yeah. I told you it was fine. He has been nothing but sweet the whole time we danced. Chill out and have fun bestie." I grinned at her before pulling her into my arms wrapping my arms around the back of her neck, looking at her in her face. " I love ya, girl. Thank you for always watching over me but I promise. I'm okay."

"I'm just worried about you, Rave." Kim mumbled softly, wrapping her arms tightly around me, hugging me close to her.

"I know-" I started to assure her that I understood where she is coming from, but Sarah breaks into the conversation, cutting my words off.

"Worried about what?" Sarah asked as she looped both her arms around Kim and I, pulling us both into her and squeezing us a little too hard.

"Just worried about her hair, messing up from all the dancing." I said quickly, Kim's green eyes narrowing on me as I lied to Sarah.

We always had a rule and that was to never keep anything from each other. Not only do I have Kim keeping things from my parents but I now also have her keeping things from Sarah and she does not like it.

I don't blame her, but the fewer people that know about what had been happening in Chase and my relationship the better.

"Shit! Trust me, I used an entire can of hair spray on us in the limo. A tornado could pass through and not a single strand of our hair would be out of place." Sarah laughed and looked at both of us, as if we were insane. "Now, put your worries away and dance with me besties."