Chapter 20🖤

My morning classes went off without a hitch; Sarah and Kim had been attempting to wheedle information from me all morning; the only thing that spared me was the fact that they know how seriously I take all of my classes and schoolwork.

Chase has even been sending me messages through out my classes but I haven't written him back yet, I am sure he won't mind, he has to know what kind of girl I am by now and that I take school as I said seriously.

Now, I'm on my way to lunch, and I know I'm going to run into Sarah and Kim, and they're going to want answers to their many, many questions, and sure enough, I'm walking towards our spot, where we agreed to meet in front of the big oak tree on the side of the cafeteria on the days we don't have the same class.

"Rav you gonna answer now?" Sarah greets me with a huff of annoyance on her face, which only has me rolling my eyes and following into step with her and Kim as we all make our way into the cafeteria together.

"Can this not wait at all?" I whined out sounding close enough to a toddler as I could get, I even had to catch myself before I stomped my foot.

My nose is flooded with what we're having for lunch as soon as Kim opens the door for us, and my stomach sends out a gentle growl.

It smells like pizza, which is a wonderful thing. I adore greasy school lunches. I know I'm weird, but greasy, unhealthy food is the only thing that gets me through a long school day.

"Well there isn't much to tell, Chase called me his girlfriend" I shrugged while taking a step up in the line.

"So yall are officially dating? Raven and Chase? We can make up a ship name for yall now?" Kim gushes out which makes me give her a shocking look, Kim never gushes, like EVER.

She is our tomboy of the group, always ready to hear gossip but never really paying too much attention.

"I guess you can, Kim just don't call us that around Chase, okay? He may think name shipping is childish"

I mean to us girls, it's definitely not childish but to boys oh yeah, they would totally think name shipping is so just not cool.

"Oh, don't worry, we won't dare call yall that in front of him." Sarah shakes her head back and forth, denying it and Kim shakes her as well, agreeing with her.

"Good. So we do need to talk though. Chase doesn't want me to show yall the texts anymore. He said that our relationship should have privacy and being his my boyfriend he basically thinks he should be able to trust that I'm not going to show yall" I explained in a rush, biting my bottom lip feeling my nervous starting to act up hoping neither one takes that the wrong way.

We have been best friends for so long we all know everything about each other so when we show each other personal stuff it's just a reaction, we don't think before we do it but I have to agree with Chase on this. Our relationship does need privacy.

"What did he say?" Kim immediately asked with a raised eye brow, looking worried and a bit curious.

The smell of the greasy food gets closer and it practically has my mouth starting to water. Ugh, I'm starving. I dare a quick look around the cafeteria looking for Chase but I don't see him yet, I wonder where he is. I was hoping to sit with him, or maybe he would sit with us. I'm not sure I just wanted to see him.

Suddenly I remember all the text messages and quickly pull out my phone from my bag and see I have a few from Chase.

"He just said he wanted our relationship private" I told them as I scroll through the messages, feeling those Chase butterflies teasing my belly.

Chase - You looked so beautiful today, baby girl. 😘

Chase - I couldn't wait to kiss your lips. 😍

Chase - Why are you not answering? Is it because I said your friends shouldn't know about what we talk about?

Chase - I'm sorry if I was too rough. I'll watch my strength next time baby I promise. Don't be mad at me please.

Chase - Fine Raven.

Oh shit. He thinks I'm mad and now what I'm gathering from his last text is he is freaking mad now, but he should know I'm a bit of a nerd. It's not a big secret. I like making good grades and to do that I need to pay attention to class. Ugh. I have to explain.

Me - Baby I'm not mad at all, I just like to pay attention in class, I'm sorry if I worried you🥰 I'm in the cafeteria now.

I quickly hit send trying to hide my face in my hair as I type from Kim and Sarah, I don't feel like having their questions piled on more right now.

"Why? It's not like we will tell yalls business to everyone" Sarah says with an eye roll and hands me and Kim our lunch trays.

"I think he just wants us to be able to have things, just the two of us know guys. It's not a big deal." I try to smile, even though my stomach is now in knots at the thought of Chase being mad. We just started to date, this is not how I wanted our first day to go.

"Hey, baby. Just seen your messages" Chase's sweet voice reaches my ears right before he wraps his arms around my wasit pulling me close to him.

Well. I guess he isn't mad anymore?

I mean I'm not complaining just you know a little detail would be nice, the last thing he showed me was he was mad now he is being all sweet.

Goodness.

"Um, Chase. We are okay?" I asked in a whisper not wanting Kim and Sarah to overhear, and clearly talking about that in front of Chase wasn't a good idea because his hands tightened around my waist like this morning.

I wonder how many times he works out because goodness he is very strong. I still think I'll have a bruise from this morning, I'll have to remember to check that out when I get home.

He narrows his blue eyes at me and brings his lips to my ear and grinds out quietly "Yes. Let's discuss this later."

Oh right.

Relationship privacy.

I will need to get used to that.

I just hope I can.