Chapter 40

I look at myself in the mirror, adjusting my new raven colored hair a little. It's the day after Hunter came by, at 7:30 in the morning to be exact. We're leaving for the airplane back to where his tour is waiting, back in Pennsylvania. 

Yes, I am wearing a wig. The police gave it an okay for me to leave, but I'd have to take caution & disguise myself. So now I have a black curly wig, & am wearing a lot of makeup. Have to admit, I can't even recognize myself. 

Just in case the two guys are watching my every move, I'm actually in a Walmart bathroom right now putting my disguise on. Hunter's outside in a rental car wearing his own getup so not to be recognized. 

I said my goodbyes to Dillon & Kristy last night, who both seemed a little nervous by my leaving. We just have to hope the two guys don't want to kill me enough to follow me around the country. 

I take a look at myself in the mirror, quirking an eyebrow at how different I look. The dark hair comes down to my mid back in curls, also covering the sides of my face. There's a lot of make up as well, making my skin look a shade darker, contrasting to the bright red lipstick I have applied. My eyelashes are 20 times more volumized with this mascara, so thick that I have to lean into the mirror to get a good look. 

Backing away, I look to the rest of my outfit. I have a loose white ruffled blouse under a black leather jacket, matching perfectly with the black skinny jeans. This is so out of my comfort zone, I hope Hunter doesn't laugh at me. 

Walking out of the empty bathroom, I try to walk with utmost confidence, despite the crutches. Eventually I make it out of the store, barely alive as struggle to keep a decent pace. 

Instantly, I see the white rental car that Hunter has gotten to take us to the airport in the mainly empty parking lot. In front of the driver's wheel, I can see him with a jazzy black hat covering his hair, along with the big sunglasses blocking his eyes. He looks up, looking towards my direction, & I know that if it weren't for the glasses our eyes would be locked with each other. 

I quicken my pace, stumbling every now & then before I finally find myself in his front seat. 

"You look hot," he comments, making my cheeks redden through all the makeup. Looking over, I see him checking me out before he looks back to my face. "But I can't wait to get the beautiful real you back." Feeling more heat rise to my face, I turn away as I bite nervously on my bottom lip. 

"Thanks," I say shyly, before taking in his appearance. Other than the hat & sunglasses, he's wearing a black pin stripped jacket & beige khakis. "I can say the same for you." He grins before he starts up the car, as I pull out my large sunglasses from my purse to cover my eyes. Within seconds, our journey begins.

"Let's stop at that diner before we get to the airport," Hunter states about half an hour later.  

"Do we have time?" I ask, glancing down at the radio clock to see that it's 8 am. 

"Yup," he says, popping the p at the end as he smirks. "I made sure we left earlier than needed so we'd have plenty of time." An exasperated gasp escapes my lips as I playfully smack his arm. 

"You mean I didn't HAVE to wake up that early?!" 

"Well alright, if you aren't hungry.." 

"Let's not go THAT far.." He laughs before he pulls into a diner. 

After we park, we walk in to see a very pretty old timey themed diner. The floors are tiled with white & blue squares, & there are booths lining up the walls. Quickly I spot the jukebox in the center of the back wall, which is currently playing 'Amazed' by Lonestar. 

"Hey folks," a lady's voice breaks me from my thoughts, making me turn to face her. She's tall with a slender figure, so the blue pencil skirt she's wearing fits her body perfect. I glance up from her black heels to see her white button down blouse, & her dark red hair waving down around her shoulders. Her red lips, about the shade of my own because of the lipstick, are pulled up into a smirk as her blue eyes rake over Hunter. I feel my cheeks blaze through all my makeup as my eyes narrow. "Just follow me to your booth," she chirps as she begins to walk away. I hobble along behind her on my crutches, smiling when I feel Hunter's hand on the small of my back. 

When we both sit in the booth across from each other, I notice that the waitress isn't done checking my boyfriend out. 

"You should take your sunglasses off since you're inside," she says as she stares at him intently, anxious to see what beautiful eyes are hidden. 

"Oh, uh, yeah, that would be a good idea but.. but.." 

"BUT his little brother put glue on the sides of them, so their stuck on his face!" I shriek, making her face turn so fast in my direction that I'm surprised her head didn't snap. She blinks, as if just realizing my presence, before she looks at me like I'm stupid. She then turns to give him the same expression, but with a raised eyebrow as if questioning this. He gives a weak smile, just barely showing his pearly whites. 

"That's... right..." She nods, looking unconvinced. 

"So what can I get y'all to drink?"

Soon enough, we're sitting on the airplane. It's just taken off when I feel a hand cover mine, making me look down at it. His fingers fit perfectly in the spaces between my own, creating enough warmth to be considered a fire. It's a beautiful feeling, & I really love it. Smiling, I bring my gaze up to meet a sparkling pair of sea blue eyes. 

"You ready for this?" Hunter asks, squeezing my hand reassuringly. 

"Yeah," I say as I nod my head. "I'm ready."

*Hey guys, so I have come up with a goal for myself. To get 100 followers by my birthday, on June 29th. If you do follow me, you can ask any questions you like, whether it be about the story plot or anything like that. Maybe a hint on what's coming. ;) Thanks y'all, much love as always xx*