xii. you have got to be joking

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘 ♱ ˖ ࣪

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘 ♱ ˖ ࣪ . ─────

"WHAT FOOD DID YOU FIND?" Kate asked, peeking on the baskets presented before them. "It's volcanic, your majesty," Gael's father, explained unto why the baskets were mostly empty, "not much grows."

"Where's Eustace?" Lucy looked around, trying to find sight of a familiar blonde haired boy. Caspian looked at her as Reepicheep spoke up, "I believe he's out, not helping us load the boats." The Queen grew more worried about this. She called out her cousin's name once again, about to walk away from the group in the attempt to look for him when Jareth pulled her back, "Lucy, no. I've got a bad feeling about this."

Nodding in agreement, Lucy turned to her brother. "I'll go find him. Jareth come on," Edmund sighed, the elf following after the King before Caspian stopped them, "I'll come with you."

"Me too." Tewkesbury volunteers, removing his coat. Edmund turns to look at them and the boys go back further into the island, trying to find the troublemaker Scrubb. "Lucy," Kate took a hold of the Queen's arm, hesitant written all over her face, "what...what spell did Tewkesbury steal that day?"

Lucy sighed, "Wishes. Dark wishes that can make things go his ways."

"I-I wasn't clear about what I said was about my dream." Kate licked her lips, her voice lowering into a whisper, "In my dream, Tewkesbury had an ice dagger and he stabbed Edmund with it. Then the next thing I knew, I was trapped in a body that looked exactly like mine, except, someone was controlling my every movement and thoughts. Someone telling me what to say or who to love."

"Like I said," Lucy smiled sadly, "His darkest wishes."

° ° °

"EUSTACE!"

"Eustace!"

"Blondie boy!"

While the rest were busy shouting, Tewkesbury stopped on his tracks seeing the hundred golden items scattered around the ground beneath them. Under his breath, he muttered out, "Treasure." Edmund noticed where the Lord was looking and his heart dropped for a mere second, "Trouble." Jareth kneeled down when he noticed a shoe. He picked it up and passed it to the Just King.