iv. someone he can't let go

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥 ♱ ˖ ࣪

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥 ♱ ˖ ࣪ . ─────

"ASLAN," Lucy smiled in wonder seeing the golden craving of the Great Lion on the wall. She bought a hand up to caress it gently as Jareth had trouble, not knowing whether to look at her beauty or at Aslan's detailed craving, "You met him? I've heard stories of him but never really got the chance to see him."

"Oh, Jareth, he's wonderful." Lucy replied, her voice soothing, "I'll introduce you to him, one day. He'll love you, I know it." Jareth, of course, was never really interested in Aslan and only viewed him as a silly huge cat. But if the Queen loved this silly cat, maybe he can act like he was a little amused.

"Look! Susan's bow and arrows," the Queen strided over the side of the other corner next, admiring her sister's weapon. "I didn't know why I thought of bringing it, but I had a little hope that they'll come back too." Kate explained, her eyes also stuck on Susan's magical bow and arrows. Lucy gave her a sad look before Caspian called her.

"Lucy."

"My healing cordial," Lucy gasped and walked towards her stuff, "and dagger." She reached out to grab it by instinct but then pulled her hands away immediately when she remembered her manners, "Oh, may I?"

"Of course, they're yours." Caspian nods his head.

At his affirmation, Lucy had no more doubts to take a hold of her stuff that was gifted by Father Christmas, himself.

"Peter's sword," Edmund walked over his brother's sword, the bitter feeling of jealousy sparking in his heart again. He felt bad enough that Peter trusted Caspian with it, and not him. "Yes, I looked after it as promised," Caspian takes it, passing the weaponry to him, "here, hold it if you wish."

"No, no," Edmund shook his head, "it's yours." He wanted to hold it but he tried to push all the feelings of jealousy and betrayal inside of him, swallowing the huge lump on his throat, "Peter gave it to you."

And not to his own brother, he wanted to add but gave the King a small smile instead.

Kate climbed down the table she was sitting on, taking the electric torch from her belt. "I did save this for you, Ed," she grinned, throwing it in the air. Edmund caught it with such ease, grinning back at the Princess with a small wink, "Thanks." Kate laughed when he accidentally opened it while it was pointed in his face, making him flinch when the light reached his eyes.

"So that's why it's different," Tewkesbury whispered to Kate's side, "because it isn't in our world." Kate nudged his side, "and it took you this long to realize that? Maybe you are after all an idiot."