ix. that thing called crush

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘 ♱ ˖ ࣪

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘 ♱ ˖ ࣪ . ─────

"I WANT TO COME."

"No."

"Caspian, please, I—"

"You said so yourself. You are not ready." Caspian sternly said, clenching his jaw. "So please, listen to me for once. Just stay here where it is safe."

"But we both know I am useful for the raid." Kate ran in front of her cousin, not letting him leave the room where he and the two kings sleep. The prince sighed, his patience running thin. It wasn't because he was mad at her, but he was mad that she couldn't understand that he's doing this for her safety.

"Katherine, things are different now. This is not only sparring, this is a war. I can't have you face out there when you are unprepared. Besides, you're only twelve. You're supposed to be studying and enjoying your childhood, not fighting armies."

"Age does not define someone." Kate's voice cracked. She was sick and tired being treated like a kid. She was sick and tired of always running away. The princess was done crying. She was done hiding in the back, waiting for someone to save her.

Caspian only stared back at her, then pushed by her figure to exit the room.

Kate spun, screaming before he could fully leave her sight. "Are you going to kill Father?"

This stopped him. But he only tilted his head and went on his way, leaving the princess alone. Kate scoffed softly, her knees getting weak. It wasn't the first time she and her cousin had fought, but it surely was the first time it was this heated.

"Katherine?"

Kate breathed heavily and faced the wall, trying to wipe her tears. She was done crying yet she couldn't stop. She felt so pathetic and useless.

Edmund closed his mouth when he realized that the princess was crying. He chose to stay silent and stand beside her, their shoulders touching as they both stared at the empty wall.

Most people would say walls are uninteresting, but what they didn't know was that walls were the ones who held the most stories—the saddest and the happiest of them all. Kate continued to whimper silently, tears uncontrollably falling down from her eyes. Tonight, her father and mother might die. Tonight, her little brother might die. Tonight, Caspian might die. Yet she wasn't allowed to do anything about it.

The Just King reached for the pocket of his trousers, grabbing a white handkerchief he had bought from London till here, in Narnia. He licked his lips and passed the cloth to the princess, his eyes still stuck on the wall. He knew what she felt. He knew she wanted to be left alone, but once upon a time, Edmund wanted the same thing too. His siblings, however, never gave him what he wanted and he was thankful for that. And if he learned something from his experience, it was that a person who wanted to be alone only wanted for someone to stay.