viii. aslan the silly cat

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 ♱ ˖ ࣪

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 ♱ ˖ ࣪ . ─────

JUST LIKE CASPIAN HAD WANTED, Kate filled him up with the adventures she had the last few days (excluding the fight she had with Peter. He did not need to know that). And she couldn't help but notice how the prince seemed excited with her stories, especially the ones that included a certain Gentle Queen. Even if the princess didn't point it out, she smirked when Caspian would stare at Susan's back.

"So? What are they like?" Trufflehunter asked Trumpkin as they walked. "Malcontents, complainers, stubborn as mules in the morning." The dwarf answered.

"Oh. So you like them, then?" Nikabrik tilts his head a little. It took a couple of seconds of silence before Trumpkin answered, "Well enough."

Behind them, Lucy chuckled a little, hearing their little conversation.

Then they have reached their destination.

Aslan's How.

As the centaurs formed a line at the sides, raising their swords, the Pevensies started walking. Kate was about to follow but Caspian held her arm, shaking her head. The smile on her face slowly fell. After them, it was only when the Prince of Telmar allowed both himself and the princess to walk behind them.

"Why can't we walk with them, Cas?" Kate asked in confusion. "They are the Queens and Kings, Kate. We don't compare to them." Her cousin answers truthfully. Edmund, who happened to hear, turned his head to look at them. He thought the prince was being silly, but couldn't say anything else.

"My sword!" The Telmarine Princess squealed once they all entered the How. Caspian smirked and took the sword by the table, waving it in the air, "Oh you mean this? Quite a beauty isn't it?" Kate ignored his playful manner and ran over to him, finally taking a hold of her sword.

"You can fight?" Asked Peter, surprised.

"Spar. There's a difference. I am good enough to defend myself but not enough to defeat." Kate admitted, swinging the sword around, biting her lip. Caspian placed a hand on her shoulder and looked at the Queens and Kings, noticing how they were examining the place, "It may not be what you are used to, but it is defensible."

"Peter, you may want to see this." Susan called, making the rest follow her. Kate placed her sword snuggly on the belt around her waist. She didn't know why she had the belt when she didn't have a sword, but at least now it was put to good use. As she caught up to them, Peter used the torch to look at the paintings on the walls. It showed the story of the Pevensies in Narnia thousands of years ago.