iii. kings and queens of the old

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘 ♱ ˖ ࣪

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘 ♱ ˖ ࣪ . ─────

MIRAZ STARED AT HIS SON IN AWE, he smiled then glanced at his wife, who looked rejoiced too. Yet her eyes showed worry and it made him frown. "What happened, darling?"

"Katherine. I came to her room to wake her up with her favorite breakfast but she was nowhere to be found. And her room was such a mess too. What happened to our little girl, dear? Where is Kate?"

But just before Miraz answered her question, the group of soldiers and Glozelle came back. He passed his son to Prunaprismia, then walked back inside to discuss with the general. The queen sighed, her eyes following her husband's figure until he was out of her sight. She caressed her son's cheeks and whispered gently, "Your big sister will come back, she will be alright. I know she will."

"Wait. Wait, my lord." Glozelle rushes to Miraz, stopping him before he causes something. "It is not what you think."

"Then what is it?"

"We're not exactly sure." Glozelle says honestly and nods at the soldier. He removes the covers of the body to reveal a dwarf. Miraz was taken back. He took a step backward and let out a breath, "Impossible."

° ° °

KATE WOKE UP WITH A LOUD GASP, and a feeling of deja vu entered her skin. She looked around, thinking for a moment that she was in her bedroom, but then only trees surrounded her. Then all the memories came back.

"Caspian!" She stood up, screaming. "Caspian, where are you?!" Her eyes started to water. She was all alone in the forest, with the dwarf and her cousin not in sight. All she remembered last night was that after the dwarf had hit the prince's head, she ran, afraid.

Then she saw a boat nearby. Kate ducked her head, watching as there were two Telmarines soldiers. Were they trying to find them? Were they going to kill her? Is this finally the end?

"Drop him!" A girl shouted.

It was only when the young princess realized that they were about to throw a dwarf into the waters. A dwarf! She recognized him as the one from last night.

"Crows and crockery," the dwarf said in surprise, although the cloth was still covering his mouth. Kate held her breath, observing the four children from afar. Two girls and two boys. They all seemed older than her, except the other girl who seemed about her age.

The good news was that, the soldiers did listen and dropped the dwarf. But they did it in the water.

"No!" Kate screamed, standing up fully. This caused her to be visible to all of them. One of the soldiers must have recognized her as he stumbled back, grabbing his crossbow, "It's the princess!"