xiii. you make me happy

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 ♱ ˖ ࣪

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 ♱ ˖ ࣪ . ─────

AFTER ALL THAT HAPPENED, the pixies tried to recover the things that weren't affected by the collapse of their homes. Jareth sat near a huge rock, letting Tinkerbell clean his fresh wound.

"My Queen," A pixie sadly called for Tabitha, "There is no food left for all of us."

Tabitha shivered, but she tried to cover her fear by letting out a soft smile, "Do not worry, Rosetta. I am sure there are still fruit trees near the area. I am going to assign some of my army to find some before sundown."

The pixie, Rosetta, nodded her head and bowed before flying away, passing by Kate, who had her head resting on Tewkesbury's shoulder. Rosetta stopped fluttering her wings, going backwards to bow at the Princess.

Kate was taken back that the fairy had shown her some respect, but she nodded her head and smiled back. Once Rosetta was out of sight, Tewkesbury spoke, "So, what's the feeling of flying?"

"It was amazing," she answered, lifting her head from his shoulder to face him, "I thought of my mother and the next thing I knew, I was actually flying. It felt like all the weight, all the burden I felt vanished through the air."

Tewkesbury smiled, feeling genuinely happy for the girl. He noticed that from flying, her hair had messed up. It was obvious that the Lord didn't really think of it much as he reached and tucked the Princess' hair behind her right ear. Kate's breath hitched at this and her heart started to pick up its pace. Tewkesbury was handsome, it was established the first time she met him, he was flirty, it was given when she first spoke to him, and most of it all, he wasn't entirely an idiot like she thought he would be.

"What's going on in your mind?" Tewkesbury questioned softly, his eyes dropping to her lips then back to her eyes. "I-I d-don't know," Kate stammered, suddenly needing the urge to breathe. The Lord chuckled at her flustered figure, pulling away to save her from embarrassment, "I'm glad you came back, Camellia."

"Well, I figured the adventure wouldn't be exciting without you..." Kate saw his eyes widened then she cleared her throat, "...without you and Jareth, I mean."

"Y-Yeah...of course..."

"Princess Katherine," Tabitha flew towards them, settling her feet on the ground as she bowed, keeping her head low, "I am ashamed of the way I acted, I deserve to be punished." Kate shook her head, "No, my Queen, I should thank you. You opened my eyes and made me realize things."

"What now?" Jareth grunted weakly with Tinkerbell sitting on his shoulder, "I mean, your village is ruined." Tabitha tilted her head, watching her people still smiling and laughing despite their worries, "I am needed here to lead my people as we try to build up our homes once again, for our future generations to come. I am sure there is a reason why you chose to steal our pixie dust, and as a gift to prove my apologies, you may keep it."

Kate smiled and thanked the Queen. Tabitha wasn't bad afterall.

"I'll come with you," Tinkerbell volunteered, making Jareth shake his head, "No, Tink, the adventure is too dangerous-"

"My middle name is dangerous."

"What? No it's not."

"Jareth, Tinkerbell could be a great help to us," Kate gently assured him, "I'm sure she's a fierce fighter, too." The fairy shyly grinned from her compliment, and the elf sighed in defeat, "Fine. She can come, but only because it's the Princess' orders."

"So you knew she was a princess?" Tewkesbury asked with an amused smile.

"Did you?" Jareth raised a brow and the Lord turned bright red of embarrassment when he was reminded of how clueless he was of the Princess' identity. "He didn't," Kate shrugged but then her eyes lit up, "Oh, did I mention how much of a fool he made himself when he attende-"

"No one needs to know that!"

"I need to know that," Jareth smugly smiled, making himself comfortable. "Come on, mate, we all have embarrassing stories to tell."

° ° °

"COME ON TEWKESBURY! A happy thought! How hard is that?!" Jareth complained, his patience running thin with every second that has passed with the young Lord's feet still on the ground. "Don't shout at me!" Tewkesbury scowled, "I'm trying my best!"

"Well your best clearly isn't enough!"

"Are they always like this?" Tinkerbell raised a brow, flying beside the Princess. "You haven't honestly seen everything," Kate shook her head with a small laugh.

"What makes you happy? Who makes you happy? There's gotta be something in that little head of yours," Jareth huffed and was unintimidated when the Lord gave him a glare. Tewkesbury inhaled sharply, closing his eyes. He imagined his father still alive, he imagined being in a field of flowers, he imagined his old friends with him-he imagined a lot, and slowly, he felt his heart lighten.

"Camellia," Tewkesbury breathlessly let out, quiet enough for only himself to hear. He imagined himself lying on Camellias with a mini him and a mini her running around the fields. He imagined a small simple cottage on the top of a hill where it wasn't too fancy nor too huge, but it was more than enough.

"Yes! Yes, just like that! Think harder!" Jareth literally saw hope once he noticed Tewkesbury relax and slowly float in the air. Listening to the elf, Tewkesbury tried to imagine more, then he got his answer once he too, felt like he was flying.

He knows his happiness now.

"Finally! I thought we were going to take the whole day with your flying lessons!" Kate joked, exchanging overjoyed looks with Jareth and Tinkerbell. But instead of a snarky flirty comeback like he would, Tewkesbury stared at her intensely, his heart full of mixed emotions.

"I'm never going to be in charge of Tewkesbury ever again. Come on! Kharnia is that way!" Jareth muttered to himself then shouts. He was in charge of keeping the pixie dust safe and also in charge of showing the way.

This is it.

There's no turning back now.

Kate looked from behind to see the pixies and Tabitha waving goodbye as the four left for the two week adventure. She held her breath and looked down at the ocean waves, the thought of falling in, scaring all the daylights out of her.

Aliana was right, the world really is dangerous.