v. dear little friend

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘 ♱ ˖ ࣪

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘 ♱ ˖ ࣪ . ─────

CASPIAN SPENT THE WHOLE NIGHT AND HALF THE MORNING LOOKING FOR HIS LOST COUSIN. He kept a high guard, knowing there would be enemies everywhere, but all he was really concerned about was Kate's safety. She must've been so scared and alone, the prince could never forgive himself if something had happened to her.

The prince was twelve when he first met Kate. Miraz had introduced her as his new adopted daughter to the whole kingdom, and everyone was overjoyed. Even his aunt, Prunapismia, was too happy to finally have a child. Caspian remembered how shy and timid the princess was, and how it took him a whole year for her to finally warm up to him.

They would always be together. Playing, sparring, story telling, star gazing. Kate was like a sister and the best friend he never had. Forget about the five year gap, he always felt giddy and childish around her despite being seventeen in the present.

Caspian sighed once he heard the bush move from behind him. He turned around and gave it an unimpressed look. "I can hear you."

The badger and the dwarf who he could recall from yesterday showed themselves, and the badger soon talked. "I just think we should wait for the kings and queens."

Caspian was not interested in the queens of kings of the old. Well, he was, thanks to the stories their professor told, but right now, it wasn't in his priorities. He ignored them and continued walking away when Nikabrik spoke.

"Fine! Go then! See if the others will be as understanding! Or maybe I'll come with you. I want to see you explain things to the minotaurs."

"Minotaurs? They're real?"

The badger caught up to them, nodding his head, "And very bad tempered."

"Yeah, and not to mention big."

"Huge."

"What about centaurs? Do they still exist?" Caspian questioned, letting his curiosity take over him.

"Well, the centaurs will probably fight on your side. But there's no telling what the others will do."

Caspian stopped walking, hesitating a bit before giving up and asking: "What about Aslan?"

The name caused the Narnians to stop in their tracks too. They faced each other before facing the Telmarine prince. "How do you know so much about us?" Nikabrik asked, feigning suspicion.