xv. best big sister

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 ♱ ˖ ࣪

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 ♱ ˖ ࣪ . ─────

"DO I LOOK OKAY? DOES MY HAIR LOOK WEIRD? IS MY DRESS TOO MUCH? IS-"

"Katherine, please, calm down." Susan giggled, shaking her head. "You look absolutely gorgeous, no need to worry."

"But I have to look perfect! I'm finally going to introduce myself to my brother and I can not mess this up." Kate bursted, her legs shaking up and down. "Have you forgotten that I have three siblings? Don't worry too much about it, Kate. You won't mess up." Susan tried to comfort the younger girl, running her hand on the princess' arm.

"But-"

"What's the event?" Asked Edmund, his back leaning by the door of the princess' chambers. His black hair was messy and pulled back, exposing some of his forehead. His white top shirt was dirty so it was obvious he spent the whole morning sparring.

"Well, Kate here is nervous about meeting her younger brother. She keeps worrying." Susan snarled at her brother, snapping her fingers, "and why are your clothes dirty, mister? You should at least take a shower and clean yourself up."

"Relax, I was just sparring."

Oh, Kate's assumptions were right. Her throat felt dry as she looked away, now growing ten times more nervous. Edmund's presence wasn't helping her situation at all.

"And it's going to be alright. Susan's right, you look gorgeous. If you were any older, even I would be on my knees for you," Edmund jokes, laughing at himself. Only he was the one who found his humor funny though, Susan sighed embarrassingly and Kate couldn't help but be flustered.

He said it so casually, almost as if he didn't mean it. "Oh and, I could walk you there. My chamber is on that way and I do need a shower, actually," Edmund added, scrunching his nose after smelling himself.

"I-I don't know..." Kate was sure she looked like a tomato by this point. She glanced at Susan and all the older girl did was give her a shrug. The princess let out a sigh of defeat, combing her hair using her fingers before nodding, "Alright."

Edmund grinned, lending his arm. Kate mumbled a few incoherent things under her breath before linking their arms together, letting herself be dragged outside her room.

"So, tell me, Helena-Katherine-Kate-Aurora, what was your first impression of Aslan?"

"Just Kate, please. Huh, I do have a lot of names."