iii. a tewky for you

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘 ♱ ˖ ࣪

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘 ♱ ˖ ࣪ . ─────

TODAY WAS THE DAY KATHERINE GORNELLE TURNED INTO A FINE YOUNG WOMAN.

And everyone was busy.

"Younri, I swear to Aslan-"

"This will be quick, your majesty. Do not fret." Younri smiled at the princess' reflection on the mirror before calling over the rest of the ladies in waiting to prepare Kate for her big day. "I swear, why do I feel like I'm being crowned instead of it being my birthday? A ball? Seriously? What was Caspian even thinking?" She complained loudly, not having so much of a choice now.

"Well, to be fair, the King was able to create peace in straight two years, so the ball isn't only to celebrate your birthday, my grace. It is also to celebrate Narnia's peace and freedom." Younri chuckled softly, combing her hair, "Besides, do you have something else in mind on how to spend today?"

Kate's mind trailed to the Pevensies. Hanging out with them with Caspian is more than enough for her. But she had lost hope-it's been three years. She knows Peter and Susan will not come back any time, but Edmund and Lucy? Just when will she see them again?

Maybe they will come back....when she's dead.

Younri followed her gaze on the odd looking torch she learned belonged to a certain Just King. She pitied the young princess, knowing how much of an awful feeling it is to grieve for someone. "I am sure if they were here, King Edmund would be fussing about not attending the ball too," she joked, attempting to comfort.

But Kate ignored her. "This whole thing is silly, that's all I'm saying."

"If it helps, your majesty, I have heard that the young Viscount Tewkesbury has come back, and he too, will be attending the ball."

"You're just like Caspian. Define help."

° ° °

"...NOW MAY I PRESENT, KING CASPIAN THE X AND HER ROYALNESS, PRINCESS KATHERINE!"

Claps were heard as Caspian glanced down at his dolled-up cousin, smiling cheekily, "Ready?". Kate, however, just glared back at him, nervously fickling with her necklace that Younri had forced her to wear, "Can I still run away?"

"No."

"You've got your answer," she mumbled quietly as the huge doors opened. She was welcomed with hundreds-no, thousands of visitors from all around Narnia, coming just to see her. Kate gracefully curtsied, as Caspian bowed, she carefully linked their arms together and the king guided her down the stairs towards the ground floor.