vi. run away with me

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫 ♱ ˖ ࣪

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫 ♱ ˖ ࣪ . ─────

"WHAT DO YOU FEEL ABOUT YOUR HAIR?"

"Why do you look like a boy?"

Kate rolled her eyes at him, adjusting her belt that contains the electric torch and her sword around her now pants. "Wearing pants doesn't mean you're a boy, Tewkesbury. Just answer my question, what do you feel about your hair?"

"I don't know, never really cared for it," Tewkesbury answered, running his fingers through his slightly long hair, "Hey, you just called me Tewkesbury and not my full title! Now that's progress, isn't it?"

"Shove off," she frowns, sliding out a dagger. Nervous and taken back, he eyed her weapon and spoke with a shaky voice, "Y-You're not going to cut my hair with...t-that thing, are you?" Kate didn't answer him but let out an amused grin at how terrified he looked. In horror, Tewkesbury stumbled backwards, falling on his butt.

"I won't hurt you, stop overreacting. Look, I even cut my hair too," Kate stifled a laugh, showing her now shortened hair. Tewkesbury scoffed, sniffling, "I have noticed, but I didn't think you would be that crazy."

In the end, the Lord finally let the Princess cut his hair, and by Aslan's grace, she kept to her word about not hurting him. However, she handled his scalp quite roughly much to his dismay and to her amusement. "Are you sure about this?" Tewkesbury had asked for the fifth time.

"Yes, now look at yourself." Kate was more than proud of the finished results. Tewkesbury huffed under his breath, giving her a glare as he glanced at himself on the broken mirror the princess had taken on the clothing shop they were previously at thirty minutes ago.

"Huh, not bad," he complimented, wavering his fingers through his hair, lazily grinning at her, "Must I say, Camellia, you truly are a wonder." It was at that moment when Kate finally realized how much more attractive the young Lord was with shorter hair. She cleared her throat, her cheeks turning red as she forced herself to look away, "I-I wish I could say the same to you, Tewkesbury."

"That's not really fair," Tewkesbury inhaled sharply, shoving his left hand on his trousers' pocket, "I gave you a cool nickname but you just call me by my name. I think I deserve a nickname too, you know? After all we've been through."

"Oh, do tell me all the things we've been through," Kate spoke sarcastically, "We've only met three days ago. I don't think that's much."

"Well, we're here, together, aren't we? We may not have a history, but we could make it right now." He answered smoothly.

Kate let out a shaky breath, still getting flustered by his shameful flirting. He was making her nervous and he knows it. "Alright, you really aren't going to leave me alone about that, are you?", she asked, huffing in defeat when he nodded.