xi. the big plan

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡 ♱ ˖ ࣪

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡 ♱ ˖ ࣪ . ─────

"WHAT IS IT?"

"Princess Katherine had returned, your majesty."

Miraz raised his head, his gaze hardening. "Very well, welcome the Princess at once. She must be tired from the journey. Make an announcement to the kingdom that the lost Princess had finally come back home."

"Yes, your majesty."

It wasn't that hard to look for Miraz's camp, but it did take a couple of hours for Kate. Peter was right after all, she was just a useless coward who was good for nothing. What was the difference? Caspian just wanted her dead just like how her father did. Might as well die soon enough.

When she entered the camp, soldiers stared at her, some bowed, some didn't. Kate sat on the grassland, her mind blank. She let a soldier drag her inside a tent to which she assumed belonged to her father.

"Katherine, what a lovely surprise." Miraz didn't even look at her, continuing to examine his huge map. "What made you come back, my dearest daughter? Did Caspian send you here? Or did the Queens and Kings of the old did?"

"I missed you." Kate's voice was hoarse. She looked like a mess, she assumed. Her hair was a mess, her nightgown was dirty, and her coat was ripped. To others, she may sound like she's lying, but actually she wasn't. She really did miss her father.

She missed her mother, both the real and adopted one. She missed her little brother that she never got to meet. She missed her old life. She missed her family. She missed Caspian.

Miraz finally looked up to meet her eyes. He sighed and placed his dagger down on the table. "I see you haven't changed. One day, that soft heart of yours will be the reason why you will be damned."

"And you were right, father." Kate spoke quickly, not letting him finish his sentence. Miraz raised a brow and she continued, "This is why I wish for you to teach me. Please teach me to be useful, please teach me to be brave, please teach me how to belong."

Silence.

"Kill me if you want, it doesn't matter anymore. Just please let me fight this battle before I die."

Miraz seemed pleased with her choice of words, leaning back a little with a sickening smile on his face, "Then you shall fight. I am proud of you, Katherine."

Finally, for the very first time, instead of backing away, Kate held her head up high.

It was time she finally grow up.