ii. the return of just and valiant

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢 ♱ ˖ ࣪

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢 ♱ ˖ ࣪ . ─────

"ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE EIGHTEEN?"

Sixteen-year-old Edmund Pevensie kept his posture, not flinching at the tone of the man, "Why? Do I look older?" He knew better than to answer the question in a yes or no. The man in charge eyed him up and down then rudely snatched the ID out of his hands, scoffing internally, "Alberta Scrubb?"

"That's a typographical error. It's supposed to be Albert A. Scrubb," Edmund smugly said, watching as the man in charge started to reconsider.

"Edmund!" Lucy Pevensie walked in, unimpressed by her brother's antics, "you're supposed to be helping me with the groceries." The men lined up behind Edmund started to laugh, and the teenager scowled, all the hope inside crashing down when he took back his aunt's ID and walked towards his sister.

"Better luck next time, eh, squirt?"

The Pevensie siblings walked out with Edmund grumbling underneath his breath, looking like a child who got his candy stolen, "Squirt? He barely had two years on me. I'm a king! I've fought wars and I've led armies."

"Not in this world," Lucy chuckled in amusement, letting her brother take the huge box from her hands and placing it unto his bike. "Yeah, instead I'm stuck here, doing a battle with Eustace Clarence Scrubb, if anyone so deserves a name." Edmund rolled his eyes at the mention of his cousin that he despised too much maybe.

Though, Lucy seemed out of focus. Her gaze was far on the couple on the side, giggling slightly to each other. The girl was beautiful when she gracefully placed her hair behind her ear, and without even noticing, Lucy copied her, wondering if she too would look so stunning.

"What are you doing?"

"Huh?" Lucy broke her trance, looking back at Edmund who was frowning at her, "nothing."

Edmund's frown only deepened, knowing there was something bothering her. "Come on then," Lucy smiled at him and climbed on the bike identical to her brother's, getting ready to ride back to her relative's home. The older Pevensie looked back, still wondering what she was looking at, but decided to let it go and follow after her.

"Wait," Edmund says in the middle of their ride, making Lucy humm gently, "Is this about Narnia? Do you miss it? Is that why you look so bothered?" The fourteen-year-old girl stifled a laugh, appreciating how her brother tried to comfort her even if he had no clue on what was going on, "Of course I miss Narnia, Ed. I left my friends there after all."