x. she reminds him of gentle

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗡 ♱ ˖ ࣪

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗡 ♱ ˖ ࣪ . ─────

"THEY'RE SO...TINY."

Jareth gave Tewkesbury a funny look, making the Lord snarl back, "What?"

"I'm sure he hasn't seen a fairy before, Jareth. Tewkesbury came from Avalon." Kate whispered lowly, being in between the boys. The three of them are hiding behind a huge log, observing the pixies flying around their village, seemingly oblivious that they had company. "Oh. I met someone from Avalon once. He was very rude and strange." Jareth blinked his eyes, having a blank expression etched on his face.

The Princess did not give Tewkesbury a chance to bite back when she nudged Jareth, "Where do they keep the pixie dust?"

"The Queen's tree," Jareth hesitantly answered, shivering at the mention of the royal. "There are exactly four pixies guarding that tree. Two with cats and two without cats."

"Cats?"

"Is that very important right now?" Jareth ignored Tewkesbury's confusion and puffed his cheeks, eyeing the huge tree in the middle, "On the trunk, it is full of pixie dust and the Queen's throne is located on the top most of the tree."

"How will we get past the hundreds of fairies scattered?" Kate questioned, looking around in case she finds something that could help them. "Perhaps a distraction," Tewkesbury exchanged looks with her, nodding his head, "I'll do it."

"No. It's too risky, you're a stranger and thrice their size, therefore they may see you as a threat. But they are familiar with me, so I think I should do it."

"Are you sure about this?" Kate bit her lip, worried for the elf. "We can find another way."

"Not all pixies hate me, I think," Jareth breathed out, "I used to be the Queen's favorite. Kate, I need you to very, very quietly sneak from behind the cats. The two pixies without the fur balls won't bring much threat, my guess is that they'll only capture me."

"And if the plan fails?" Tewkesbury's voice trembled. He tried his best not to think of the possible worse scenarios.

Jareth was quiet very he nervously chuckled, "Most likely I'll be beheaded and you two will be sacrificed. Pixies may be small, but they are very dangerous and petty."

"Just like elves?"

"Oh, shut up the both of you. No one is going to be beheaded or sacrificed. We'll borrow just enough pixie dust to travel to Kharnia, find mother, and..."