vii. prince found

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡 ♱ ˖ ࣪

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡 ♱ ˖ ࣪ . ─────

THE PEVENSIES, THE PRINCESS, AND THE DWARF continued on their long journey. They reached slippery rocks on waters that made Lucy and Kate almost fall, thank Aslan for Trumpkin for grabbing them both in time. They also climbed down steep trails, where the group would randomly give out silly jokes to fill the silent atmosphere.

Despite the dangers, Kate enjoyed being around them.

Another night came and they all agreed with Peter when he suggested that they rest for the night. Everyone was asleep—well, at least that's what Kate thought.

"Lucy, are you awake?" She heard Susan whisper. The Valiant Queen hummed back, still staring up at the dark sky.

"Kate, you too?"

The princess let out a small "yup".

Susan sat up on the grass, facing the two twelve-year-old girls who were laying beside each other, looking up at the stars. "Why do you think I didn't see Aslan?"

Lucy too, sat up and faced her sister, "You believe me?"

Seeing as everyone was doing it, Kate followed soon after and The Gentle Queen smiled at her before speaking. "Well...we got across the gorge and Peter apologized to Kate."

"I don't know," Lucy answered honestly, "Maybe you didn't really want to."

"You always knew we'd be coming back here, didn't you?"

Lucy nodded.

"Speaking of which, where did you guys come from anyways? From the professor's stories, I heard that you all disappeared so suddenly." Katherine asked, getting ready for story time. "We came from another world, I suppose. In there we have trains, electricity, bikes, and so much more!'' Lucy explained enthusiastically yet still as quiet as she could since the boys were sleeping.

Maybe it was a dream or just the princess' imagination. But she could picture the "other world" where the Pevensies came from. It was like she knew what trains are, what electricity is, how a bike works.

"Lu, Kate doesn't know what those are," Susan gave her sister a playful look, "Trains are—"

"T-They're transportations, am I right? So are bikes. Oh the war!" Kate couldn't understand why she knew all of these. She pulled her hair frustratedly.

"How..."

"Katherine...you said you were adopted, right? Miraz spotted you in the forest when you were seven years old?"