ii. runaway princess

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢 ♱ ˖ ࣪

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢 ♱ ˖ ࣪ . ─────

"WAKE UP...FOR ASLAN'S SAKE, WAKE UP! KATHERINE! WAKE UP KATHERINE!"

Kate gasped as she sat up on her bed, breathing heavily. She glanced at Caspian, who was still in his night clothes too, then at their professor. "W-What's going on?"

"The queen had given birth to a boy, no time to explain. You two shall be gone, it is not safe here anymore." Their professor says as he walks towards her closet, opening the very back wall to reveal a secret passageway. "I-I do not understand, how is it that I am not safe? Shouldn't I rejoice that my mother has given me a little brother?" Kate stuttered, her brain still fuzzy and her eyes drooping close every minute.

"Not the time, Kate." Caspian muttered, dragging her out of her bed. He grabbed a cloak for his cousin, then wrapped an arm around her waist, taking her with them. "Not the time? But—"

"Shh, they are coming," their professor shushed them.

Caspian let Kate enter first before closing the closet door, letting the door ajar just a bit so he could take a peek. Kate pinched his side a little, making him move so she could peek too about what was going on.

They watched as General Glozelle exchanged looks with the army he led into the princess' bedroom. They aimed for the bed and started shooting their crossbows, making Kate almost let out a horrified gasp but Caspian immediately covered her mouth, not allowing even himself to breath. As the curtain of Kate's bed fell, the soldiers and the general saw that the princess was nowhere to be seen.

Finally, Caspian forced himself to look away and dragged his cousin that was like a sister to him out of the scene, down the hidden passageway, following the professor. Once they were already a meter away, Kate finally allowed herself to sob.

And tears by tears slowly fell down her eyes as she watched her cousin pick up a saddle and swords. The professor squeezed her shoulder, knowing she was just a child and all of what was happening must be too terrifying for her to handle. Caspian also glanced at her pitily, gently placing the cloak around the princess before taking her hand towards the stables.

"You two must make for the woods." Says the professor after Caspian had taken Kate in front of him at the horse. He was seated at the back. Even the prince was terrified, but he had to be strong. For him and for Kate.

"The woods?"

"They won't follow you there."

The professor reached for a horn then passed it to Caspian, "It has taken me many years to find this. Do not use it except at your greatest need."