ii. admiration for camellia

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢 ♱ ˖ ࣪

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢 ♱ ˖ ࣪ . ─────

"WAKE UP PRINCESS, THE KING IS WAITING FOR YOUR PRESENCE FOR BREAKFAST."

A fourteen-year-old Katherine Gornelle groaned loudly, hiding herself from the sun with the thick comfortable blankets.

"Please, your majesty."

Kate groaned for the second time, muttering "alright" under her breath before sitting up on her bed, her hair being a mess with a huge frown settled on her face. "Good morning, Princess Kate," greeted one of the ladies in waiting, Younri.

"What's so good about waking up?" The princess grumbled, still frowning. Still, Younri kept her bright smile, "Why, every morning is a blessing given to us by Aslan. I have prepared your bath, your majesty. I have also picked the dress you're required to wear."

"Required? How so? I'm just going to eat breakfast right?"

"The Lord from Avalon and his family are here to stay for your birthday party tomorrow," Answered Younri, neatly folding the dirty laundry the princess had left all over the floor. "Ugh, you don't need to remind me about that, Younri. I still can't understand why everyone's fussing over me turning fifteen, I mean it's not even that of a big deal. My age adds up every year." Kate rubbed her face in frustration, her now longer hair falling over her shoulders.

"Being fifteen is important to every princess, your majesty. It means that you are finally qualified to find a hus-"

"Don't you even finish that sentence!" Kate immediately looked up to her, pointing her index finger, "I don't need one. I already have Caspian, and he's the only headache I need, trust me."

Younri ignored her outburst, bowing down, "It is only natural for a princess to marry, now I must leave for you to get ready." Usually, the ladies in waiting should be helping a Princess or a Queen to get ready every day, but Kate stubbornly insisted that she had complete working limbs and didn't need the help of anyone.

That one sweet, innocent, twelve-years-old was gone. She's a teenager now.

"...and we shall continue our alliances. I-Katherine, you have arrived," Caspian smiled at her, cutting off his sentence once he had caught a sight of the princess entering the dining room. "Yeah well, someone had to urgently wake me up," Kate smiled sarcastically at him, combing her fingers through her hair calmly before taking a seat on his right side.