vii. camellia confessions

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡 ♱ ˖ ࣪

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡 ♱ ˖ ࣪ . ─────

"YOU SAID YOU'LL PROTECT HER!"

"Tewkesbury! Don't push the King!"

"Jareth, have you seen Aurora?! She's freezing cold, barely alive!"

Kate groaned at the loud voices, her head starting to throb as she opened her eyes, adjusting to the brightness coming from the candles around the room. Lucy was the first one to notice her awake, the Queen ran towards her, pulling her in for the tightest hug, "Aurora!"

"Lucy...?" Kate's voice was raspy as she weakly hugged back, confusingly glancing around the room to see the others. Some were looking at her in pure worry and some didn't even dare to meet her eyes. "W-What happened?"

"You drowned." Eustace simply stated and the memories came back immediately. The Princess gasped loudly then gently pulled the teary-eyed Lucy away, fisting the bed's covers tightly until her knuckles turned white. She gulped harshly as her voice started to break, "Is...i-is...is that man a-a-"

"No." Tewkesbury shortly answered, seemingly stressed and all over wet. He was leaning against a desk, one hand gripping it's edge while the other was frustratedly rubbing his face. "But you nearly didn't. What were you thinking, Kate? You didn't know how to swim."

"Tewky, I had too. It was the only way-"

"There had to be another way without you having to sacrifice your life!" Tewkesbury practically growled, making Edmund stand up from his seat, snapping at the Lord, "Hey! Don't talk to her like that!" The Lord clenched his jaw, his dangerous gaze transferring to the High King as he jolts up, marching towards Edmund angrily, "Next time, don't say you'll protect her if you can't. I swear to all the gods listening, if she gets another scratch and it's because of you, I wouldn't hesitate to murder."

"Tewkesbury!" Lucy called for him, her brows furrowed in distress that someone just threatened her brother's life. "Enough, Tewk," Jareth gripped on the Lord's arm, pulling him away. Tewkesbury shrugged him off, not giving anyone else one last look as he left the room.

"I'm sorry...I'll talk to him." Jareth apologizes, sighing at the disturbing silence, "and Kate? Take care of yourself, alright? We were all worried." After the elf left, Caspian inhaled sharply, placing two fingers on his forehead, his elbow resting on top of his leg, "Tewkesbury was right, Aurora. What you did was reckless and it almost cost you your life."