ix. operation steal pixie dust

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘 ♱ ˖ ࣪

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘 ♱ ˖ ࣪ . ─────

"JARETH, PLEASE?"

"No."

"Please?"

"You're mine."

With that, Tewkesbury snorted loudly which made Kate give him a side glare before looking back at the sulking elf, "Please? Me and Tewkesbury are on a very important mission and that means we can't stay here."

"It's not fair. You both walked right into my territory." Jareth argued, crossing his arms and keeping a straight face.

"Why are you even doing this?"

"What do you mean? I've told you. I'm an elf and we, elves, are very territorial."

"No, I don't think that's the only reason." Kate stubbornly says, now glaring at Jareth. Her patience is running thin but she knew the only way to get out of this place was to comfort the mischievous elf. Jareth showed hesitation, he flew in the air and now crossed his legs as if sitting in an indian seat, "You're going to make fun of me."

"Oh, definitely," Tewkesbury bitterly chuckled.

"Don't listen to him," Kate encouraged the elf, pushing the Lord's head away, "We won't laugh at you. Please tell us, maybe we can help you, then you can help us."

Jareth huffed, avoiding looking into her eyes as his cheeks tinted a bit pink from embarrassment, "No one wants to be my friend. Everyone who I wanted to stay with left, so I made those who entered my territory stay forever. I'm just tired of being alone."

"I thought you said the fairies adored you?"

"They did until I stole their pixie dusts," Jareth barked at Tewkesbury, huffing more.

"Who told you to steal it in the first place?" The Lord barked right back.

"Enough." Kate shushed them then smiled gently at the elf, "Jareth, I know how you feel. Believe me, I do. But true friendship is something you can not force. If that person doesn't really want to stay, they'd always leave in the end eventually. Forcing them would only make them want to leave more. What we don't notice is that with all the leaving, there is always someone who is willing to stay. We just need to look more carefully."

"Did someone stay with you?" Jareth asked curiously.

The image of Caspian entered her mind but she shook off the thought immediately. Kate knows her cousin never left and would never leave her. The thought of him made her heart ache, "Yeah, there is."