Off we go.

I'm not exactly sure if I made the right choice taking Cass with me. We were already packing our bags, we were meeting somebody named Wildcat? Must be a code name or something. He trains heroes in this secret spot since something called the sanctuary was broken into. And you also need to find him first. Definitely weird but if I wanted to become a hero as good as Bruce, I'd need to do this.

I've already sorted things out with my college and Otto, who didn't have the best reaction towards me being gone for what could be a year or two. Cass was also gonna help train me. She is one of the worlds best martial artists after all. Bruce had made deals with everyone was going to train me that could be considered 'evil'. Even though Tim wouldn't be going because Bruce doesn't want attention to be drawn from the league of assassins or to have our identities to be found out. The whole black suit thing was still on my mind. Not to mention how Kaine might need my help with learning his powers. I felt like an asshole for leaving. I made sure to apologize to Duke and Harper before. But people like Harry and MJ I'd have to leave almost right after they found out I'm Spider-Man. Gotham would most likely stay the same for awhile since two of the strongest BatFam members would be leaving. However I'm lead to believe that Bruce would be working harder to keep the peace. Since the suit left me, my Spidey senses have spiked, it now recognizes everything trying to touch me as a threat, like it's done a factory reset. Anything from me just tripping, to Cass holding me. But, every now in then, I feel like something's watching me. Not a camera, a person. But even when I'm in an empty room alone, something still feels like it's got it's eye on me. It's setting my senses to a maximum guard. I've also been scared of leaving Cass and Tim. Not in the sense of leaving for a trip, but, leaving, leaving. Bruce entered my room. He looked at me, he was looking at me like he was looking for something. "You know why I'm letting you do this, right?" Bruce asked me, I looked out my window. "So I can be a better hero?" I answered. "So you don't let something force you to kill. I know it's not your fault but those people are still dead. People who had families." Bruce said, Jason told me that Bruce was serious about this whole no killing no matter what rule. Even though Bruce broke it to kill Darkseid. "I'm sorry but three of those for men had children. One of which is now orphaned." Bruce decided to make me feel even worse. "Bruce, I'd prefer if we talked about this at a time where I'd be more mentally stable." I told him, making sure I had my web shooters. Bruce looked out the window. "The planes ready. Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked me, I walked past him. "I'm sure."

———————🌓———————

Me and Cass had been on the plane for an hour now, we should be arriving in another one or two. I was already missing Tim, however Cass was comforting me. Even though she's been looking out the window for the entirety of the ride. "You okay?" I asked her, she gave me a glance. "Am I good for you." She questioned me, I was caught off guard. "Of course you are, I'm wondering if I'm good enough for you." I joked, she didn't really find it funny. "I just never done the whole love thing before. I tried with Conner and I wasn't..." She looked for her next word, she was getting better with her English. "I just wasn't good enough for him." She said quietly, I knew what she meant. I couldn't say I've gone through what she did. Being raised as a weapon and not a child. "Well I don't know who could be better for me than you. You're the most important and beautiful thing I have in my life." I told her, one of the best things about being with Cass is that I don't have to keep my identity and life a secret. I didn't have to keep anything from her. I got to be honest for once in my life.

Then my phone rang. "I'm gonna go take this." I stood up and began to walk over the the bathroom. The number was one I haven't seen before, probably spam. Or someone I know got a new phone number. "Hello?" I said, answering the car. "Hello there Y/N." The voice was unfamiliar, but they knew my name. "Listen, soon, a group of people that I'm involved with are gonna ask you to help them with something, you're gonna need to say yes if you don't want to die." The person said. "What'd you-" The phone hung up. What the...

———————🕷———————

"Oh god..." I said crawling away. My leg and left hand were both broken. I was bleeding out. My ally landed next to me.

"Miles!" He shouted, helping me up

"Miles!" He shouted, helping me up. He swung my arm around his shoulder. Carrying me away from an explosion that just went off. I turned around. He's still alive...

(Next: Spider-Verse!)