SIXTY SEVEN

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Even from the comfort of her house, Genevieve could smell the ocean. It was hard to hate the smell after growing up near it for so long, therefore a sense of serenity followed the scent. As she stood in the kitchen, making herself a cup of tea and toast, the realised the smell was strongest there.

From the dining table, Thomas looked up at Genevieve from behind his newspaper. A smile graced his ageing face. "Are you making tea?" he inquired, his voice holding a hint in it.

Genevieve sent him a pointed look. "Yes, Dad, I'll make you a cup too."

"One sugar and a splash of milk, thank you very much," Thomas finished, but he looked as if he wanted to say more. After a moment of seeming conflicted, he put down his newspaper. "Genevieve," he said, "I want to apologise for what happened at Kings Cross Station. The awkward encounter we had with that boyfriend of yours, Jason, was it?"

Genevieve snorted. "You mean Jessie?" she supplied. "It's fine, he didn't take it to heart." She paused. "I think."

"It wasn't ok, not in a million years was it ok," Thomas empathised. "I embarrassed both you and someone important to you. It was cruel of me, and for that I'm sorry."

"Trust me, Dad," Genevieve reassured, "It's ok. You didn't know."

"I'm glad that's settled then," Thomas smiled, returning back to his paper. Rising from the table, Genevieve returned back to making their cup of tea. "I would like to meet Jessie on better terms though. He is dating my daughter, after all." He peered at her from over the top of his glasses.

Genevieve smiled to herself and shared a look with him. Her father had always been a soft-hearted man, so she knew that his attempts to seem intimidating would only make her laugh. "I'll send him a letter today," she said casually, handing her father his cup of tea and taking a place across from him.

"This world could do with a lot more good in it," Thomas muttered disappointedly as he read the paper.

The corner's of Genevieve's lips curled. "You would get along well with my friend Bradley." A look of concern began replacing her sweet smile as she read the front cover of the paper.

THREE FAMILIES FOUND DEAD IN SALCOMBE UNDER MYSTERIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES.

Noticing the change in Genevieve's demeanour, Thomas placed down his newspaper, folding it so she couldn't see the page anymore. It wasn't hard for him to guess why these deaths had come under 'mysterious circumstances'. "Don't worry about it, dear," he said, a comforting look in his eye.