SEVEN

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

If anyone was ever asked to give their opinion on Mr and Mrs Lewis, they would automatically say that they were unimaginably kind

If anyone was ever asked to give their opinion on Mr and Mrs Lewis, they would automatically say that they were unimaginably kind. They were always caring and supportive no matter what, and they raised their children Genevieve and Anna to be like that too.

But somewhere along the lines they messed up.

Because when it came to both wizarding and muggle sports, Genevieve was nowhere near as kind as she was taught to be.

She released all her anger into sport from Football to Quidditch and was maybe too competitive for her own good, but in a way that made her one of the best players you could ever have on your team.

That's why she was at the Quidditch tryouts standing next to James and Sirius awaiting for her instructions to follow. Her and Sirius were trying out for beaters as they always would and James was trying out for Chaser, while Remus and Peter watched from the stands.

The Gryffindor team always made tryouts fair, telling everyone that even if they had a space on the team last year they wasn't guaranteed one this year. James and Genevieve had been on the team since second year and Sirius had since third, but that was no reason to automatically assume they had a place now.

Beaters had been told to pair up by their team captain (a 7th year called Emmie Davidson) so she and Sirius practically jumped to each other and went off to get hit bludgers.

She would never mind what position she had on the Quidditch team, but she chose being a beater for a reason. In her second year when she told Dylan Hunter she was trying out, she was told to be go for seeker because that way she wouldn't have to but into the game that much. She was also told by him that she could never be a beater because she was a girl and girls were weak. That was until she punched him and broke his jaw. In all honesty, she thought he was just telling her not to try out for beater because she would take his place on the team, which she did despite him being a 3rd year at the time.

Her and Sirius pelted bludgers at each other, and although she was quite strong, she wasn't as strong as him. Blame that on the countless fights he got in to.

She got into play fights with James and Sirius a lot and sometimes Remus when he was feeling extra energetic, so she had quite a few tactics herself. None of the boys ever gave her an advantage just because she was a girl though, they always treated her the same as if she was just like any one of their other friends because she fought just as rough as they did.

"Sirius, how do you whack the bludger with so much force?" she asked him when she became aggravated.

He barked out a laugh and replied to her, "Easy peasy, Genny, you've just got to picture someone's head." And with that, he aimed his bat and narrowed his eyes before hitting it as hard as he could. He turned back to her and winked "I chose my mother."