TWENTY FIVE

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Did you know dying of boredom is actually a real thing?" Genevieve asked

Lily looked up at Genevieve through her eyebrows, her eyes drawing away from the book she was reading ."What are you insinuating?"

Genevieve rested her head on her hands and smiled as innocently as she could. "That this is boring."

Lily had dragged both Marlene and Genevieve to the library to study for O.W.Ls which were only a week away. So far the hour spent there consisted of Lily poking Marlene in the side in order to stop her from falling asleep on a library book and Genevieve complaining whenever she got too fed up with reading.

"Studying may be boring, but it will help you in the future," Lily repeated what she had said numerous times now.

Genevieve watched as Marlene's head was slowly started slipping down her hand, making her smirk as she knew what was coming.

"But all the extra knowledge is far too much for my small mind. A girl can only take so much, Lils," Gen sighed dramatically, slouching in her seat so her head was rested in the crook of her elbow.

"I'm sure you'll be fine."

Marlene's head finally slipped out of her hands grasp and hit the table with a large thud, causing her eyes to snap open and her back to sit up straight. "I'm working!" She said quickly, a red mark forming on her forehead.

Genevieve his her laughs behind her hand, not really looking for a scolding off Madam Pince.

"You two should be taking this more seriously," Lily scolded them quietly.

Gen bit down on her tongue to refrain her from making a Sirius joke.

"Don't even dare," Lily pointed an accusing finger at the said girl, noticing the look of amusement she was trying to hide from her face.

Genevieve raised her hands in surrender, eyebrows raised.

"Someone's grouchy today," Marlene tittered teasingly, earning a glare from the piercing green eyes.

"I agree," Genevieve nodded along.

Lily ran a hand down her face, a large sigh escaping her lips. "Potter has been winding Sev up more than usual and he's taking it out on me," she confessed to them.

Genevieve frowned as she remembered James hexing Snape in the corridors yesterday for no reason. She made sure to scold him, but all he did was shrug and grin with Sirius. She was ready to strangle him from his cockiness but Remus held her back unfortunately.