FORTY

✧・ ゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・ ゚: *✧・゚:*

While the rest of the sixth year Gryffindors were burdened with a a lengthy class of Transfiguration, Genevieve was blessed with a free period.

Not even an insane amount of begging would get her back into that class after obtaining a "P" for her O.W.Ls. She had a feeling Professor Mcgonagall was relieved when informed that Genevieve Lewis would not be joining her class this year. She did, after all, cause more injuries in Transfiguration than she did in Quidditch.

Luckily enough, Toby had a free period at the same time she did, so together they lounged around on the wooden bridge, soaking in the last few rays of autumn before the winter dropped upon them with a heavy thud. Soon the sky would be replaced with large rainclouds and a thick wall of fog, so Genevieve thought it best to make the most of the last sunset that would paint the horizon in hues of oranges of yellows.

"Hogsmeade trip is coming up soon." Toby looked at her with a raised brow. "Anything special planned?" He was sat on the ledge of the wooden bridge, holding onto one of the masts for support, and Genevieve couldn't help but eye him up cautiously. One of gust of exceptionally strong wind and he would be floating away with until gravity finally got the best of him and dragged him down to his death.

"Nothing out of the ordinary." Genevieve noticed the slight drop of his face. "Why do you ask?"

"I just thought that you might have been asked by a certain someone," he shrugged.

A small absurd laugh left Genevieve's lips. "Toby, I haven't been asked to Hogsmeade by anyone since fourth year," she informed him comically. "Sirius always makes sure to scare off anyone who even dares approach me with a smile."

"Doesn't that get annoying though?" Toby frowned. "Having someone else dictate your love life."

"Not in the slightest." Genevieve picked at a tiny part of fraying wood on the bridge. "I'm relieved he scares boys off for me. They're stupid and annoying." She realised she was talking to a guy and paused in her speech. "No offence."

Toby let out a breezy laugh that got carried away in the wind. "None taken." He swung his legs back and forth, an action that was making Genevieve anxious. "I know one guy he hasn't scared off yet," he said after a few seconds of peaceful silence.

Genevieve turned to look at him. "Oh yeah?" When Toby nodded, she raised a curious eyebrow. "Who?"

"Remus Lupin."

Genevieve switched her focus to the ground, fully aware that Toby was still observing her. She didn't know when it had started to happen, but suddenly she felt her stomach do loops and turns whenever Remus's name was said. She took in a large breath of air and readjusted the Hufflepuff scarf that Toby had kindly lent to her, suddenly feeling like it was getting tighter and making it harder for her to breath.