SEVENTEEN

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

It was late at night when Genevieve was sat in the common room completing a lengthy pile homework

It was late at night when Genevieve was sat in the common room completing a lengthy pile homework. Concentrating in the girls dormitory was almost impossible— Marlene's insufferable snores were the cause of that.

In the common room, Genevieve was gripping her hair with nerves as she stared at the pieces of parchment thrown around her. Her Defence Against the Dark Arts homework was due for the next day, and she had left till the last moment to complete (an unwise move on her behalf).

Normally, she would go into the boys dormitory and complete work with Remus, but it had been a day since he went to the hospital wing and nobody would let her see him. Gen made sure to take extra notes in class and complete his work for him so he didn't fall behind.

Genevieve had to do that a lot. Copy notes for him and complete his work because he always got ill at least once a month. It didn't bother her at all, she was more than happy to help, but it did get tiring having to do his work on top of hers.

It was later than Gen had anticipated it be and she was falling asleep slowly. Everytime her eyelids would drop she would snap them back open and silently scold herself.

Her eyes skimmed over a few pages of the open book in front of her before they began slowly closing again, and although her essay on werewolves was due the next day, she reckoned it couldn't be too bad getting at least five minutes of sleep.

The peace was broken by the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs leading to the boys dormitories. Genevieve looked over her shoulder to see James, Sirius and Peter sneaking down not so discreetly even though she imagined they were trying to be.

She sat in the chair and watched them with confused eyes as they tiptoed across the common room, heading in a beeline towards the portrait hole.

Gen's first thought was that maybe they were sneaking out to pull a prank, but then her instincts told her they wasn't. Plus, they would have forced her into helping.

So she let the boys walk out the common room without making her presence known.

As soon as they were gone, Genevieve leaped from her seat, completely disregarding her work and ran to the Marauders dormitory.

Just before Christmas break, the map that James had told her about at the start of the year was created. Genevieve had discovered the Homonculous Charm, whereas Remus had actually cast it as he was the most able out of all of them.

They had called it the Marauders map, and even though Genevieve didn't class herself as a Marauder they still insisted on adding her to the title. They even gave her the nickname 'Gingy' because of her obsession with gingerbread.