THIRTY NINE

✧・ ゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・ ゚: *✧・゚:*

If Genevieve had learnt anything about Lily by now, then it would be that she was undeniably a perfectionist. She loved when things ran smoothly and avoided chaos like her life depended on it. Maybe that's why she ran away from James so much.

When thinking about her appearance, that's when the perfectionist truly showed. She always thought five steps ahead about everything, whether it be about her outfit or the colour of her nails.

"If I wear my flat shoes then i'll be more comfortable, but they're pink and they'll clash with my green dress. I could wear my black heels, but they make my feet go sore so quickly," Lily rambled on as she played around with her to see what would suit her best.

"Here's an easy solution: don't go at all," Marlene suggested innocently with a grin on her face. "You could have so much more fun sneaking into the kitchens with me."

Lily hummed in amusement. "The idea of getting a pizza is tempting, but Professor Slughorn was kind to invite me to the Slugclub."

"Remus is going too," Genevieve told her while rummaging her wardrobe for some shoes that would suit Lily.

It had been exactly three days since Remus's transformation, and this time he had returned with more scrapes and scratches than ever. He didn't make a fuss out of it though, instead he made sure to catch up on missed classes and do extra work— a little too much work. Overworking himself was in Remus's nature.

"Yeah, we're going together actually."

"I wonder what James thinks about that," Marlene snickered.

"More like what Genevieve thinks."

Genevieve stopped raiding her wardrobe and looked at Lily in perplexity. "Genevieve?" When Lily nodded in sly confirmation, Genevieve's confusion only became worse. "Why would I care?" She asked as she went back to searching.

"Chocolate, black coffee and libraries is why," Lily claimed very matter-of-factly, sending Marlene a secretive glance that only she could decipher.

Genevieve drew her bottom lip between her teeth as she listened to Lily list her Amortentia. "I highly doubt that my Amortentia is Remus," she mumbled under her breath. Her eyes finally landed on an old pair of Mary Janes hidden away. She grabbed them and tossed them over to Lily. "Try those on and see if they look good."

Lily did as told, buckling up Genevieve's Mary Janes and checking herself out in the mirror. An in-awe smile painted its way across her face. "You're a life saver, Gen," she said as she brought her friend into a hug.