FIFTY SIX

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Remus Lupin had returned to his classes and managed to get through a whole week without his peace being disrupted. If anything, his week just kept getting better and better. He had found a chocolate bar he presumed to be lost, managed to catch up on all of his missed work, finished a book that seemed never ending and managed to keep himself out of trouble (not that he was ever in trouble anyway).

He knew that it was too good to be true and that the lucky streak would come to an end promptly. Lucky streaks always did.

Unfortunately for Professor Slughorn, he had to bear the burden of having both Slytherin and Gryffindor in the same class. Every class he had with these two houses ended without fail in an argument. In his mind, it didn't matter who started it, only that he finished it quickly enough for it to not turn into a duel.

"Do you have any idea how to do any of this?" Sirius asked Genvieve, his eyes squinted as he read the instructions for the Draught of Living Death.

"To a certain extent, yes," Genevieve replied, although she had just been mirroring what Remus was doing on the table in front since the start of the lesson. He seemed to know what he was doing, unlike her.

"Liar," Sirius accused, slumping down in his seat. "You've just been copying Moony this whole time."

"It only makes sense when I watch him do it," Genevieve sighed as she stirred the potion twice just as Remus had.

"Well, you're not the only one who's watching him," Sirius disclosed in hushed tones, a slight edge to his voice.

Genvieve turned to look at him inquisitively. Sirius jutted his chin over to a certain Slytherin across the room. Through his dark curtains of grease, Snape was glaring at Remus while chopping an ingredient up, his eyes burning with resentment. He looked like a villain from a children's book, Genvieve thought, with his hunched over posture and sneer.

"What crawled up his arse?" Genevieve muttered, exchanging a look with Sirius.

"Apparently Remus Lupin," Sirius snickered.

Genevieve reached for the Sopophorous bean in front of them. According to Advanced Potion Making, the bean was supposed to be cut, but whenever she tried to do such a thing it would bounce from her grasp. Her insides swelled with mischief as an idea popped into her head, but first she needed to cause a commotion. With a grin on her face, she launched the bean across the classroom and straight into the back of Snape's head.

"Fucking bullseye!" Sirius whooped with a loud laugh, an arm around Genvieves neck. Genvieve could smell his cigarettes on his robes.