SIXTY THREE

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Heat radiated through Genevieve's body. It wasn't often they got this much sun in Scotland. The sun reminded her of back home in Devon. Long days spent on the beach, cold showers taken after a hot day, green grass on bare feet. As the sun kissed her already tanned skinned, she couldn't help but embrace those feelings while also feeling partly homesick.

Remus and her had been sailing the Black Lake for a while now, and as the time passed by, the further the water ripples took them along. Somehow they had ended up under a plethora of willow trees, their long leaves draping around them as if to shelter them from the rest of the world.

She looked over at Remus, who had been sat in deafening silence, and rolled her eyes straight after at the sight of him. He was hunched into himself on the opposite side of the boat, his gaze anywhere but on her.

"Can you please stop?" Genevieve asked, sending him a pointed look. If he wasn't going to initiate conversation, then she would. They had already gone long enough without talking, and quite frankly it was getting unbearable.

Remus's gaze flicked to her skeptically. "Stop what?"

"Avoiding me like I'm the plague," she said, smiling bitterly at her own joke.

Remus ran a hand down his face. "I'm not avoiding you, I'm protecting you."

Of all humorous things she had heard all day, that had to take number one place. She tipped her head back with cynical laughter. "Protecting me?" she spluttered breathlessly through her chortling. "From what? You?"

"Yes, me," Remus snapped. At his uncharacteristic sharp tone, Genevieve stopped giggling. "You were in hospital for five days because of me. I could have killed you, Genevieve," he rasped weakly. "You could of died."

She involuntarily straightened out her back, suddenly becoming a lot more serious. "But I didn't."

"But what if you had?" insisted Remus, his eyes finally meeting hers. "That would have been my fault. God, you don't even need to tell me you've got a scar because I already know you have one. That's because of me."

She shook her head, refusing to let him blame himself for this. "No," she refused, "This wasn't because of you. None of this was your fault. You weren't even yourself, Remus, you had a complete different mindset!"

"And that makes it any better?" Remus asked, his eyes swimming with agony. "I'm dangerous, Genevieve," he said. "It doesn't matter what mindset I'm in- I still hurt you." His voice cracked, but he took in a deep breath so it remained steady. "I'm so sorry I hurt you."