FIFTY EIGHT

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"And then he kissed me."

Bradley's jaw dropped, before his lips curved into a smile. "That's absolutely amazing, M'lady!" he cheered.

"He did what?" Toby stared, his voice a lot more protective and his face more than serious.

"Shh, lower your voices," Genevieve urged, glancing over her shoulder to see if anybody had heard them. As she did so, she wasn't at all surprised to see the library empty.

The match between Gryffindor and Slytherin was that very morning, and if the students of Hogwarts weren't currently indulging themselves in the breakfast laid out for them, then they were marching themselves down to the Quidditch pitch to get good seats in the stands. The last place anyone would be right now was the Library, and that's exactly why she brought Toby and Bradley there. No prying eyes, no listening ears.

"I can't believe it!" Bradley exclaimed, his voice becoming increasingly louder. When he was shushed by Madam Pince this time, he peered around the bookshelves and sent her an apologetic look. "Sorry," he whispered.

"Neither can I," murmured Genevieve, running a hand through her hair. Lily still hadn't braided it for her yet, so she needed to find her before the game to get that sorted.

"Do them lot know yet?" Toby asked.

Genevieve didn't need to ask Toby to know who 'them' were. "No," she muttered lowly, the already growing guilt swarming at the pit of her stomach. If the guilt didn't make her nauseous enough, then the fear of losing todays match did.

Bradley's brows furrowed confusedly. "What's stopping you from telling them?"

"If I tell them they'll corner poor Jessie and beat him to a weird smudge looking thing," she stated as if it was obvious.

"Whose stopping me from doing that?" Toby jested with a raised eyebrow, although his tone wasn't very joking.

"Me," Bradley answered with a playful glare. "A boy with a face like his is too pretty to damage. It's once in a lifetime you a see a nose as perfect as his." Bradley must have spotted Toby rolling his eyes because he quickly pecked the boy on the cheek. "Don't worry, sweet, you're still the handsomest."

Watching the exchange between the two, Genevieve smiled to herself. After Christmas, the had informed her of them two being a couple after talking their feelings through after the situation that occurred on the train. She wasn't at all surprised this happened, but she was happy that it did. She had been counting on it for a while.

It was now Toby's turn to look over his shoulder skeptically, making sure that nobody saw the mindless kiss. He didn't do this for a matter of shame, but rather a matter of safety, and that's what hurt the most for both him and Bradley.