THIRTY ONE

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Well I must say boys," Mary began once they were all seated at the breakfast table

"Well I must say boys," Mary began once they were all seated at the breakfast table. "I didn't expect you all to be around so early, especially at... what time did you say again, dear?"

"Seventeen minutes past five," said Genevieve, casting them all a 'I hate you all but my life would be boring without you' look.

"At least they're enthusiastic," Thomas smiled at them all, his own rebellious youth playing back in his mind at the sight of all the boys.

"Very," Peter agreed although it was hard to hear what he had said because of the mouthful of pancakes he hadn't swallowed.

"We are-" Remus started.

"You are-" James interrupted.

Remus casted James a sharp look before turning turning back to Mr and Mrs Lewis. "I am sorry for being here so early-"

"No need to be sorry," Mary cut off Remus before he could go into a five minute long apology, a smile on her face reassuringly.

"I like it that they're here," Anna gave her own opinion, grinning fondly at the boys.

"Only because you have a crush on all of them," Genevieve scoffed.

"No I don't," Anna denied from across the table, her nose sticking upwards in a snobby manner that seemed all to familiar to Gen.

"It's ok, Mini Genny. I would have a crush on me too," Sirius told Anna, giving her a pat on the head reassuringly.

Anna turned bright red, not from a blush but from a simmering anger. Gen tried to conceal a snort as Anna turned to Sirius with squinted eyes.

"I'm not a dog, so don't pat me on the head," Anna warned him through gritted teeth.

"Yeah, she doesn't like that," Genevieve told him from many experiences before.

"How would you like it if I treat you like a dog, hm?" Anna asked.

Peter started choking on his pancakes, Remus spluttered into the orange juice he had been drinking, James and Sirius bursted out laughing while Genevieve sat with her head in her hands disappointedly.

Mary and Thomas exchanged a confused look, receiving shrugs from each other when neither knew what was so funny.

"What?" Anna asked bitterly, not expecting her sentence to create such an outburst.