SIXTY ONE

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

For five whole days, Genevieve had nothing but stone walls and hospital beds to look at. Her stay within the Hospital Wing was longer than anyone had expected it be as the damage to her body had made quite the impact, but eventually Madam Pomfrey discharged her after returning her to full health.

The only remnants she had of her injury were the three pink scars that ran delicately across the flesh of her pale stomach. To Genevieve, they were more of a bonus than a burden. Thinking of all the different stories she could tell in order to explain how she got them made her dizzy with delight.

It didn't take long for her to catch up on classes. She had missed off a week of school work which was bound to have an impact on her, but upon her return Lily had pushed a set of detailed notes into her hands and forced her to read them. Genevieve noticed that the handwriting wasn't hers, but instead it was Remus's.

"He didn't want to give them to you himself," Lily informed her sadly when the girl asked her about it. "But I suppose it shows that he cares, at least."

Genevieve's absence hadn't gone unnoticed. To those who didn't know why she had spent so much time in the Hospital Wing, such as Toby, Bradley, Marlene and Jessie, she had to lie and say that she had a Dragon Pox scare, but she wasn't fully convinced that Toby bought it. He kept asking questions starting with 'how' and 'why' and 'when', and despite the answers she gave him he never seemed satisfied. Genevieve hoped he was just being inquisitive and not suspicious.

And that's exactly who she was going to meet in the library — Toby. She dreaded the thought of being endlessly interrogated once again as she didn't know how many lies she could tell at once, but she hoped that he would be more at ease today.

Walking through the empty corridor, Genevieve was very aware of the uneasy feeling in her stomach. It gnawed away at her insides and left her glancing over her shoulder every two seconds, skeptical of anything that might lurch at her suddenly. It wasn't until she rounded the corner when she realised why she had this feeling.

Genevieve had rounded the corner just to be met with Evan Rosier's smug face. She had been avoiding him at every opportunity she could after their encounter on the train. She wasn't scared of him, but the way he spoke unsettled her. The crude tone of his voice, the possessiveness he had over people, the way she knew he spoke with full truth. And the nicknames— don't get her started on the nicknames. If she was called 'Gorgeous' or 'Beautiful' one more time then she might try a spell or two on him. He had already latched his attention onto her now, and his mind wouldn't budge from tormenting her.

A twisted smile tugged at Rosier's lips. "Where are you going, beautiful?" He looked her up and down, not bothering to hide his interest.

Genevieve felt like punching him at the first sound of his voice, but she was already in a plentiful of Slytherins bad books. With the sudden of targeting of muggleborn's in the school, she decided not to put herself even further at the top of their hit list. Genevieve turned on her heel and began walking back the same way she had came. Rosier gripped at her arm. "Leave me alone," she ordered harshly.