THIRTY THREE

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Platform 9 3/4 was just as busy as it always was when Genevieve first stepped through the magical barrier with her mother behind her

Platform 9 3/4 was just as busy as it always was when Genevieve first stepped through the magical barrier with her mother behind her. The whistling of The Hogwarts Express combined with the excitement of the attending students was no stranger to her. Even though it was loud and hurt her ears, it was a comforting sound in a way. It proved that despite the up rise of chaos in the world, everyone still had something to look forward to.

"Now are you certain that you collected everything?" Mary Lewis asked, a serious look pulling at her features as she glanced wearily at the suitcase in Genevieve's hands.

"I answered yes all the other times you asked, mother. I don't think my answer is going to change this time," Genevieve chuckled.

Mary rolled her eyes and smacked her daughter lightly on the arm. "If you're absolutely positive then I suppose you're all set to go then. No more excuses to keep you with me any longer."

Anna had started school on the same day as Genevieve so she couldn't be there to say a proper goodbye. She did, however, spend the full day before lounging around in Geneveive's room with her. Her father had some important business to attend to at work and while he was also sad that he couldn't wave her off he made sure to pepper her with kisses and bless her with bone-crushing hugs before she left.

Mary tucked away a strand of hair behind Genevieve's ears to frame her face better before cupping her jaw with her hands.

"How did you grow up so quickly?" Her mother said to herself quietly as her eyes danced around her daughters features. "You were supposed to stay a child for longer."

"Everyone gets older, Mum."

Mary smiled and patted Genevieve's cheek. "When you're a mother you'll understand what I mean." She blinked before saying, "Which won't be until at least another ten years, of course."

Genevieve giggled and pulled her mother into an embrace full of warmth and enough love she could harbour. A hug long enough to leave a reminder for the next four months until she saw her family again.

A whistle came from The Hogwarts Express and the ocean of people around them become more busy, a few families hitting into Mary and Genevieve.

"I'll miss you," Gen mumbled into her shoulder.

Mary hummed. "I miss you always sounds so depressing."

Genevieve pulled away and raised an eyebrow. "What do you suggest we use as a substitute then?"

"How about..." Mary trailed off, her eyes looking up in contemplation. She turned back to Gen after a moment and said, "I can't wait to see you again."

Genevieve hummed in agreement before saying, "I can't wait to see you again either."

Another whistle came from the train next to them alerting them that it would be taking off in five minutes.