TWENTY SIX

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Genevieve had never felt so on-edge in her entire life

Genevieve had never felt so on-edge in her entire life. The sides of her fingers had red marks dinted in them from gripping her quill so tightly, her hair which had been so neatly curled and styled that morning had grown frizzy from gripping her roots out of anxiety and her limbs felt stiff for being fixed into a sitting position for so long.

"God my neck aches from craning over," Lily groaned to Genevieve while gathering up all of the tests that Flitwick had sent hurtling towards him.

"I'm pretty sure I'm forming a lump there," Genevieve added before pausing and breaking out into a grin, "Like Quasimodo!"

Lily looked Genevieve up and down, inspecting her head to toe before humming in agreement. "You would make a good hunchback."

"Of course I would," Genevieve scoffed in playful vanity, gathering her own stack of tests and handing them to Professor Flitwick.

"Thank you, girls! 10 points to Gryffindor for each of you," Flitwick smiled up at them before walking off, a floating stack of parchment trailing behind him.

Genevieve looked over at Lily, "What do we do now then?"

Lily went to open her mouth before Genevieve cut her off with a finger, noticing the look on her face. "Say study and I will bring down a wrath so fierce upon you that would make even Petunia look friendly."

"We need good grades!"

"We also need good mental health! My will to live decreases whenever you recommend we study," Genevieve nagged.

Lily looked out the window, her eyes following the rays of sun that shone brightly over the grounds of Hogwarts. "Well it's quite a sunny day, it would be a shame to let it go to waste," She started, grabbing Genevieve's hand and pulling her out of the hall.

"You're going to pull my arm out of it's socket," Gen complained as Lily indeed tugged her arm along.

"Let's hope I do," Lily grinned over her shoulder, flashing her perfectly straight and pearly white teeth.

"Watch your mouth, carrot top," Gen tugged her hand out of Lily's and sped up her walking pace so the two were now shoulder to shoulder.

"I'm going to pretend you never said that," Lily cautioned Genevieve.

"That's probably for the best."

Birds chirped around them as they made their way towards the outskirts of the Black Lake, breathing in the air around them that seemed so fresh and clean that they felt relaxed.