TWENTY EIGHT

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"I feel like we've been through this before," Lily spoke in amusement as she watched a panting Genevieve attempt to lug her mess of a suitcase behind her

"Thats because we have," Gen stopped to give herself a break, red in the face and her fingers feeling numb from gripping her belongings so tightly. "Every year. Every single year you've watched me put myself through this torture yet you never help me."

"Maybe I would help if you actually prepared your stuff the night before," Lily countered in a stern voice, hands on hips and raised eyebrows.

Genevieve took in Lily's stance, a small smirk before letting out a sharp whistle. "Oh how I do fear for your future child," she chuckled more to herself.

"Why?" Lily asked.

"Because you," she tapped Lily on the nose. "Are one scary woman."

"No I'm not-"

"Furthermore," Genevieve interrupted as they carried on down the trains isle. "If the father of your child is James, which it probably will be-"

"Don't even think about ending that sentence," Lily warned her, emerald eyes glowering with annoyance.

Genevieve raised her hands in surrender. "I won't. Not thinking it. Consider me... thinkless," she quickly apologized to avoid a smack around the head.

"Thinkless isn't a word."

"It's called creativity, carrot top."

Scanning the doors of the compartments near the back of train, here eyes finally landed on the one that The Marauders had claimed their own during first year.

"If James is the father of your future child I fear even more for it," Gen quickly stammered out, yanking the door open and tossing herself into it before Lily could so much as raise her wand.

As soon as she shut the compartment door behind her, she was automatically met with three sets of confused eyes. James's hazel ones were too busy following Lily's fuming figure from behind the glass of the compartment.

"Is she gone?" Genevieve ask them all.

"Evans?"

Gen nodded fearfully.

"Unfortunately," James sighed, slouching in his torn up compartment seat once any trances of bright red hair were out of view.

"Why did she look so angry?" Peter asked for them all, mouth full already.

"We were talking about her future children with James," she told them all while hauling her trunk onto the racks above.

"Really?!" James nearly fell out of his seat, his face erupting into the largest grin she had seen on him other than when he became Gryffindors chaser during first year.