FORTY SIX

✧・ ゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・ ゚: *✧・゚:*

Genevieve hadn't realised to the fullest of extents as to how hers and Remus's fall out had impacted the whole dynamic of both her friend group, and her very own lifestyle, until she was sat in the Hogwarts Express on the way home. She had always sat with James, Sirius, Remus and Peter. Maybe she had sat with Marlene and Lily before, but the majority of the ride would have been spent with the boys. For the first time ever, she was sat in a compartment with someone other than them.

She suspected that Toby and Bradley were growing tired of her, as she had not only tagged along with them for the past few weeks, but now she was sat on the train ride home with them. They didn't show any signs of becoming annoyed with her constant presence, but she still felt that way as she had completely disrupted their usual routines.

It was clear that they could tell something was wrong with her from the quietness that had plagued her all morning. After watching her stare aimlessly at the identical trees outside for a while, Toby finally broke her out of her thought spiral.

"Genevieve," he said, "Why have you been playing a single player game of 'Who Can Be Quietest The Longest' for the majority of this train ride?"

Suddenly becoming a lot more alert of her surroundings, Genevieve looked at them in slight bewilderment, not fully comprehending the question. "Sorry, what?" She asked.

"You've been very quiet for a long time," Bradley kindly informed her, a worried look on his face. "Is it because of Remus?"

"No," Genevieve shook her head and frowned even though Remus had been one of the reasons why she was so quiet. "It's actually because of this." She picked up the last edition of The Daily Prophet that had been lying next to her since the start of the train ride and handed it to Toby. On the front cover was a picture of a blown up house residing on the outskirts of London.

"Where did you get this?" Bradley asked confusedly.

"The trolley lady was selling them. Turn to page eleven," she said.

Toby opened the paper to page eleven, just as instructed. He cleared his thought before reading aloud, "In the evening of the 19th December, Prudence and Richard Griffus, an old and influential couple who both held a talent for Potions and worked in the healing industry, were found dead in their home after an intruder broke in and murdered them. There house was found obliterated, and their dead bodies were found together, laying side by side. This attack was similar to reoccurring attacks on other families. The motive of this killer is widely suspected to be towards blood groups such as muggle-borns. These mass killings are thought to have all been under the same name, one that has not yet been revealed. Keep safe, and stay alert." With a wave of numbness taking over his body, Toby closed the paper and placed it down next to him. His throat had suddenly became too tight to speak.