SIXTY SIX

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Platform 9 and 3/4 was simply chaos. Wherever Genevieve looked, a cheerful family was there. Joyfully, they reunited with their children and embraced them lovingly. Some parents looked like they might never let go.

Despite not spotting her own family in the horde of people, Genevieve did manage to see the Potters. They stood near a wall, extending their necks as they desperately tried to find their sons. A wide smile split across both of their faces when they finally saw them.

"They're over there," James pointed out to Sirius, a grin pulling at his own lips. "You see them? They're waving."

"I dare you to flip 'em off in return," Sirius said huskily with a smirk.

"Only if you do it first," James retorted.

Standing on the tips of his toes, Peter waved at someone over the top of the crowd. "I see my mum!" he exclaimed, turning happily towards them. "Make sure to miss me," he said, giving them all a quick hug.

"Every minute of every hour, Worms," replied Genevieve, her eyes matching his and giving him a reassuring smile. He returned the smile before hurrying off.

Genevieve jumped as a pair of lightly freckled arms snaked their way around her neck from behind. It was tempting to elbow the person who had startled her, but the lock of long, ginger hair that had dropped onto her shoulder stopped her from doing so.

Genevieve smiled as she turned around. "Can't you just hug me like a normal person?" she teasingly criticised Lily, narrowing her eyes.

"Only normal people deserve normal hugs," Lily said all-knowingly. "And I wouldn't describe you as normal, honey."

Genevieve rolled her eyes. "You're supposed to be saying goodbye to me, not insulting me."

"I never said being not-normal was a bad thing." After a moment, Lily caved and brought Genevieve into a soft hug, the sweet smell of jasmine perfume clouding her senses.

"Nice perfume," Genevieve muttered into the embrace. She couldn't help but smile as Lily's laugh shook their embrace. "I'm not joking, you smell really good. Did you know my birthdays in a month?"

"Yes, Genevieve, I'll get you this perfume for your birthday," Lily confirmed, finally pulling away from the hug. A smile was still on her face. "You better write to me."

"I will," Genevieve promised, an earnest look in her eye. "Cross my heart."

"Good," Lily nodded. Her gaze wandered from Genevieve to James. The redhead bit her lip, and after a moment of consideration, she walked to James and brought him into a quick hug. "You should write to me," she suggested, "I promise not to rip up your letters this time." She ran before he could say anything back to her.