FIFTY NINE

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Gryffindor had thrown a party. It was rumoured to be of great extravagance, filled with drunken but happy students, and supplied with a never ending amount of Firewhiskey. Lasting until early hours in the morning, the common room blasted both muggle and wizarding music alike to celebrate their victory against Slytherin.

Genevieve, like always, did not attend. If she wasn't miserable enough about the sudden revelation of her past kisses, then being at a party would of made her borderline depressed. Instead, she locked herself into the bottom of her wardrobe with a pillow and blanket and waited until the music-filled night was over.

For once in a long time, Genevieve had managed to sleep in pretty late. She reckoned that with all the stress she was encountering this year, she was slowly breaking out of her habit of waking up early. As the birds morning chirps grew louder outside and yellow sun rays peaked through the gaps of the wooden wardrobe, Genevieve felt herself slowly begin to wake.

Suddenly, the door to the wardrobe went flying open, and there stood Lily in all her red-headed glory. "Up and out of the closet, you're going to be late for breakfast," she ordered.

Genevieve groaned and tugged the blanket above her head. "Go away, Lily," she whined, "I'm too concentrated in pitying myself."

"I'd say you're pretty experienced at doing that by now, Honey. It's time to find a new hobby," Lily insisted, dragging the blanket from off of Genevieve and throwing it onto the floor behind her. When the girl only cuddled herself for warmth instead, Lily poked at her ribs harshly.

"Christ, Lily, I'm trying to sleep!" Genevieve snapped, looking over her shoulder to glare at the girl before turning away again. "Go bother James instead, I'm sure he would be more than happy to let you."

"You cannot hide away in here forever, Genevieve!"

"My variety of problems say otherwise," Genevieve retaliated, "Now kindly hand me back my blanket."

Lily never handed her back the blanket. Instead, she forced the girl out of the wardrobe and managed to get her down to breakfast with great effort. Now sat at the Gryffindor table, Genevieve made sure to glare at Lily all while coating her toast in jam.

James sat down next to her at the same time Peter sat across. "Morning, Silvs," James nodded, already dishing out a pile of scrambled eggs onto his plate. "Sleep well?"

"She slept in the bottom of her wardrobe," Lily answered simply, ignoring the girls glare.

With a roll of her eyes, Genevieve plopped one, two, three, and then four sugar cubes into her tea. As she stirred the beige drink, she tried to ignore Lily's wary stare at the mug.