Chapter 71: At Ease

Something was different in the eyes of the creator. He continued to live on the memory of Jungkook at the beach with his lover as if he was putting himself in his shoes. Nothing in this world became so clear other than this moment to him as of right now. Through there, he listened, and oh did he listen, to the way Jimin softly spoke to the android, something he could have never recalled doing in the first place towards the android. It was only then did he realize that he was never this kind to the creation.

Kim Seokjin and Jung Hoseok were never caring and respectful towards the creation from the very start. All he could recall was telling him his flaws and expecting him to be better. Jungkook was just a creation, Seokjin just didn't know he was capable of bottling up his pain until he listened to Jungkook now, speaking down on himself each time Jimin tried to show him love.

What unfolded before him was something way different. He hated to admit it but he finally knew what Hoseok and Jimin truly meant. He watched Jungkook break down into tears, allowing guilt to consume him and his regrets to lead him into confessing about things he wasn't so proud of and Jimin never talked down to him at all. He was comforting, careful with his words and gentle. There was nothing else that was left to be said at that moment but to stare at the perfectly painted words Jimin had whispered through his tears to the one he loved. Perfectly painting the true definition of love on a canvas.

Suddenly, Seokjin paused the memory and began to think. Carefully running his own hands down his arms until he hugged himself and pondered the true thought of love that was being displayed before him. Everything became so clear to him that he only regretted so many decisions in his life that led him to this very moment.

"I... I remember..." Seokjin whispered to himself as Jimin allowed every tear to escape his gaze since he wasn't able to wipe his face at the sight of the loving memories that were played over to him again.

Silence filled the room as Yoongi was still confused. He didn't understand how Jungkook was able to feel that way when he was an android himself. But due to the android scanning that creation, he understood he was different in many ways. Yoongi only assumed they were the same in some way but now that he saw what he was capable of, he wanted to learn how to approach love in a similar way. Somehow, his deactivation was no match for his original drive to become human too. Yet, he was puzzled about this yearning he had that he only held onto Jimin and continued to spill many questions through his charming blue eyes.

"I remember when... I would tell him those things. I am so much of a perfectionist that I... beat up my own creations to the point where I was so cruel... I had no idea Jungkook would absorb those things. Maybe Hoseok and I... just didn't know what we could create and we didn't know how different he would become. He grew a mind of his own..."

"Seokjin..." Jimin whispered softly as he looked away from the screen and towards the creator who was thinking back at every little thing he had done to Jungkook.

"You know... I made that creation one day, thinking it would be the project that will change everything. I reeled Hoseok in with the idea and next thing you know... we were side by side, discovering everything through the tip of our fingers. He thought I was crazy at first but he fell in love with the idea the second Jungkook first began to operate. Oh, you don't know how happy he was..."

"It must have been perfect, wasn't it?" Jimin asked. Just then, he began to hear a chuckle erupt from Seokjin's mouth.

"It was. The moment was so beautiful, I remember giving Hoseok one of the biggest hugs I could and he did the same, only he carried me into the hug as well. I can tell this was going to be the best moment of our lives...but..." Seokjin took a pause and finally turned his chair around to gaze upon the android laying on the steel surgical table. "Something went wrong... he became too aware of his surroundings and developed faster than we thought. His actions were completely unpredictable and... he began to love but it wasn't the love you and I know, it was his own definition of love that was... envious. He threw tantrums like a child when his favorite human, Kim Namjoon, wouldn't come to work. That creation was so attached, he wouldn't want to recharge until he was able to see the human he was intrigued by!"