Chapter 14: The One That Got Away

"My eyes... What about them, Jimin?~" Jungkook asked. The tone to his mischievous voice only managed to taunt Jimin's intelligence even more. The fact that the human himself fell for a trick Jungkook managed to make up, only caused the human to remain clinging onto Jungkook. His curiosity pushed him this far in order to find out more about the android, Jimin almost didn't want to open up about his past in fear of what could happen to Jungkook, but he knew that if he could limit himself, Jungkook wouldn't suffer with too much information.

"He's intelligent... I don't know why I was so shocked, but I never expected him to pull something like this. Maybe I don't really know Jungkook... There's only one way to find out and he knows he won this battle. My curiosity will never forgive me if I shut him out and ignore his proposal, but knowing how I'm willing to avoid seeing another deactivate before my eyes, I will only tell him a few things.. I just hope he will understand if I don't tell it all in one sitting,"

"Jimin?" Jungkook asked again with a tilt to his head. The way he gazed into Jimin's eyes was the cause of why Jimin remained silent most of the time. It was like those eyes alone choked him and scooped out all the words he longed to say and Jimin would always fall victim to them.

"Jungkook," Jimin replied and quickly removed his arms from around Jungkook's body and stood right behind him. Jimin kept his gaze occupied by gazing into the robot's frame and counting the small details and wrinkles to his shirt in order to knock off the weight he had thrown over his shoulders after hugging Jungkook's body against his just earlier. In a way, Jimin just can't stop thinking about how perfectly toned Jungkook's body was. "You don't have to lie to me, I'll take you up on that offer. You tell me something about yourself, and I'll do the same."

Jungkook's mischievous smirk lit up as he nodded his head. Jimin didn't want to open up about things so soon, but he knew that if he wanted to learn so much more about Jungkook, he would have to make sacrifices. In fact, Jimin's fear about letting Jungkook in didn't seem to double at all, he recalled the way Jungkook treated him and watched over him as he slept when he feared being left alone with someone unknown, Jimin was bound to trust the robot so the fears he had before, slowly began to melt away.

It started when they finally received the groceries. The two stood right by each other like partners in the kitchen as they began to cook the same meal without agreeing on what to start on. Fortunately, Jungkook was able to find out what Jimin was aiming for and followed his every move to recognize what he was cooking. Jimin couldn't say he was surprised at all since Jungkook was of course, a very intelligent robot; a very observant and bright robot that paid very much attention to all the little things.

They pushed off the idea of who would go first as they began to cook without saying a word. This was how the conversation went even after they agreed on the idea to share their secrets one by one, yet, no one wanted to go first. Jungkook on the other hand, just wanted to time every second that it took for Jimin to say something, in which. He remained silent and left Jungkook counting from seconds to minutes as they delved further into the deeper side of the ocean where nothing could be heard.

The silence was loud in Jimin's ears. He kept moving around and avoid looking up at Jungkook. For twenty minutes, the two were silent after agreeing on letting each other in on many things. Yet, no one wanted to go first. "What's wrong with me? I should start first, I was the last to agree! I can't stand his silent stares, they are more intimidating than his gaze when we speak!" Jimin thought as he was slowly cutting the green onions.

In Jimin's thoughts; there was no point of return as he kept cutting the green onions and looking up at the wall as he kept doing so. His mind was on autopilot as he thought up on what to say first. At that very second, he didn't know how close the knife was getting to his finger. Slowly, he pushed the green onion further down the cutting board where it met with the sharp blade of the knife after. As he continued to cut and not pay any attention, Jungkook was watching over Jimin at that very second and caught onto what was about to occur.