Chapter 25: A Failed Experiment

"I..." Jimin was now at a loss for words. He couldn't seem to focus on what he had planned to say before Jungkook looked him in the eyes and brought out the infatuation he had towards the android. Could it be possible that this android was all that he needed to move on from his past lover? Jimin didn't know the answer to that yet, but he didn't push the android away because of it.

Deep down the young man knew how badly he wanted to move on. He wanted to step away from the thought of Min Yoongi haunting the place where his heart should stand, so he allowed anything to come save him from his solitude. Jimin remained there, blushing, and constantly scrambling for the words he wanted to say about Yoongi but nothing came out. As this went on, Jungkook's charming smile cancelled out all the chilling glare that often concerned Jimin and left him feeling on the edge at times.

"Take your time... I'm not going anywhere~" Jungkook's soft voice sliding into Jimin's mind so carefully, only caused Jimin to become speechless. It was now that he began to face all the sweet parts to Jungkook and blush at every second the android spent looking and comforting him with his whispers.

Right there, Jungkook raised his hand slowly and reached towards Jimin to give him a gentle pat on the head.

"Jung...kook...."

"Go on...."

"I... I wanted him to stay...." Jimin finally found the words to keep going. "I wanted him to stay... so badly, but he didn't and it's all because he thought he could handle taking in too much when he couldn't. He knew how much I wanted to talk to him about my fears and he wanted to help..." the young man went on and looked away from Jungkook as he resumed holding the pillow dear to his body once again. "He only wanted to help but taking in too much is the downside of these androids. They aren't built for too much... That's why they tend to distract humans from their problems. But you..." Jimin tied the conversation back to the android before him. "But you're so much different...I'm glad you'll be okay after this. It's tough to move on and I'm sorry that it's hard for me, I can go days without thinking of him but he will always sit here..."

"Where?"

"On my heart.... Right where he left the broken cracks..." Jimin answered and teared up. "I want to move on..."

"Then..." Jungkook mentioned and moved in closer to the point where he was able to set his hands over Jimin's; loosening the grip the human had over the pillow and looking into his teary eyes. "I can help you... I can help you move on..."

"You..." Jimin stopped himself from saying another word as he looked down to realize that his small hands were completely hidden under Jungkook's grasp. The second his gaze locked onto the contact they shared, Jimin's face returned to the cute rosy red hue over his pale face. "You don't have to..."

"I want to, I'm here to help, right? To protect you... I want to do that for you, Jimin," Jungkook whispered softly. His hands slowly pulled away from Jimin's grasps, yet their eyes never pulled away from each other. They were stuck inside each other's worlds and neither of them wanted to break free from this. "That's what friends are for, right?"

"Right... friends..." Jimin thought and felt the pillow underneath his palms slide away until Jungkook completely removed the pillow and resumed making the charming smile that tended to distract Jimin from his chilling stare.

"In order to help you move on... why don't we... go to the beach someday? It has to be the same beach you have there on your lockscreen...."

"I can't... that place has too many memories I've shared with Yoongi... I don't think I could do it, I-"

"Yes you can," Jungkook continued and tilted his head into the direction Jimin's gaze began to look towards. There was never a moment where Jimin could break eye contact from the android now. Of course, Jungkook made sure Jimin couldn't. "And you will... you're going to be strong enough because I'll be there. Don't tie the beach with sad memories... or else you will never move on. Do you understand me?"