Chapter 65: At the End of it All

Once his phone began to ring and break up the silence they shared, Jimin pulled back from the kiss and looked over at the counter where his phone continued to ring.

"Oh... that must be Namjoon," Jimin whispered. Still feeling Jungkook's hands tug his waist gently just to sneak in a few more kisses from him. "Don't forget what I said, okay, Jungkook?"

"I know, I know, I'll take down everything I used to observe you with," The android confirmed and watched as Jimin made a big smile. "My love, go answer the phone, you can't stay here forever."

"Right..." Jimin replied and gave his lover another kiss before walking away from him and picking his phone into his hands. As he stood there and looked at the caller ID, recognizing that it was Namjoon calling, he was finally here to pick Jimin up.

Jimin had rather hoped he was ready for this, but of course, he didn't feel like he should step out of his own house for the night. He was drawn to his lover and left him questioning if this was just his thoughts tending to overthink again.

"Nothing is going to happen.." Jimin assured himself once again. Before he knew it, he was already out the door, looking forward to notice Namjoon waving to him just within the car. "Nothing is going to happen..." he repeated to himself, "I'm going to live my life tonight, then I will return and everything is going to be fine!"

The second Jimin reached the door handle of the car to the passenger's side, he took one last glance at the house to see Jungkook waving at him before closing the curtains. For some reason, he longed to tear up at the sight of it. He didn't want to fall into the endless belief that he wouldn't keep Jungkook after he confessed how much he truly loved him. It was all in his head for now, and that alone showed how scared Jimin was to repeat history.

Once Jimin got into the car, Namjoon's smile had already faded. The joyous smile, the dimples engraved onto his carefully tanned face, and the light of his eyes were all deprived in that very second. All Jimin could see was that the older man had his gaze locked onto the window where Jungkook stood before the curtains were drawn shut. Nothing but the sound of the warm air blowing through the small vent within the car could be heard until Jimin began to speak.

"Namjoon, are you okay?"

The man took a second longer until he cleared his throat and set his hands onto the steering wheel right after.

"I'm... fine... I think I'm seeing things," Namjoon whispered and looked at the hand that carried a scar within his forearm just hiding under his long sleeved white shirt. "I'm glad we're able to see eachother again, it feels like it's been a while, hm?"

"Yeah... it has," Jimin whispered as he watched Namjoon begin to shake away any thoughts he had to himself before he began to drive.

It was no secret that Namjoon began to wonder. After seeing Jungkook through that window, he couldn't make any sense of it all and just believed he was only seeing things. With that, he couldn't dare to bombard Jimin with many questions about the android that haunted his past. He just didn't think it was the right moment to ask. Jimin on the other hand, knew Namjoon saw Jungkook through that window, yet he too became silent. Remembering his lover's words about it being the best decision to leave Namjoon alone when it came to reminding him of Jungkook's existence.

So, Jimin sat there and had to watch Namjoon believe that he was only seeing things now. It wasn't something he wanted to allow, but it was better than having his good friend relive that traumatic experience he had with Jungkook. Jimin just never knew how much damage an unpredictable android could cause and the evidence to that was sitting right next to him this whole time. Concealing his scar just beneath his shirt as if it was another nightmare he longed to forget.

Once Jimin left, Jungkook took a good look around the room before approaching a family framed picture of the Park family. His blue eyes followed along the picture as it rested onto Jimin's youthful face, that's when Jungkook finally picked up the framed picture into his hands and began to ponder the idea of it. Even before, Jungkook was curious about the way humans can grow from just a young age and be able to create a living human on their own. No need for coding or extra bolts and screws. He never knew how much he would adore the idea of having a family, but he knew it wasn't possible for him to do. So, he carefully brought the framed photo closer until he removed a small speck from the corner.