Chapter 8: No Different

Jungkook listened to Jimin's request and stepped in without a second of hesitation. As Jimin watched the young robot step into his home, he slowly closed the door and couldn't dare to pry his eyes away from the tall creation before him. Jimin's mouth grew dry and his hands trembled at the idea of being alone with someone he knew nothing about; he just didn't know what to say.

"What do I do now? I don't know what to say! I practiced this but the second I open my mouth, words just can't seem to come out! I can't just stand here and be quiet as he looks around, that's awkward and- Ah, why am I panicking? He's a robot, he can't think at all so there's no way he's thinking of what to say too. He can start the conversation for all I care! This is his purpose..."

"Jimin..."

"A-Ah... yes?" Jimin asked instantly and held his own hands as he watched the young robot continue to look around.

"Do you mind if I look around? This place is very huge..."

"Oh... um, go ahead?" Jimin grew confused as to why the robot was silent as he began to look around. Leaving the human to stand there and follow him just with his gaze.

"Do you live here all by yourself?" Jungkook questioned as he carefully ran his hand along a few objects in the living room.

"Yes I do... my parents gave me this place in hopes of seeing me live my own life away from home and have a family of my own," Jimin answered a bit more confidently, especially when Jungkook wasn't looking him in the eyes.

"I bet it gets lonely here, doesn't it?"

"At times it does... at times it doesn't..." Jimin replied and watched as Jungkook's subtle touch ran along the frame of a few family pictures until he reached for one and picked it up. Jimin couldn't tell if this was how robots got used to their surroundings, so, he didn't question it but it did make him raise a few questions in his head.

"You have a lovely family..." Jungkook mentioned and quickly set the framed photo down the second he picked it up. "And I understand what you mean when you say it gets lonely at times... I completely understand..."

"You do?" Jimin asked and watched Jungkook guide himself to the small book shelf and quickly run his hand along the sides of a few books as he nodded his head. "But you're an android, how is that possible?"

"Well, I am an introverted type of robot. There are different types of robots made specifically for different types of humans. You have the social ones, the smart ones, the messy ones and the neat ones... then you have the introverted ones, which is me, that is made specifically for lonely humans," Jungkook continued and finally turned around to face Jimin. Instantly causing Jimin to look away and turn red from having the robot lock his blue eyes onto him once again. "So I know what it means to be lonely too..."

"Wow...I... I-I never knew an introverted robot could understand such a thing..." Jimin whispered carefully, yet, Jungkook was able to make out what he said even if it was to himself.

"Well, I can..." Jungkook answered with a smile as Jimin couldn't dare to look him in the eyes. At that moment, the android softly tilted his head to the side and continued to look at Jimin before coming up with something else to say. "Jimin, since this place is very huge, can you give me a tour?"

"Oh.. of course! Ah, this... this place isn't really as big as you make it out to be," claimed Jimin. Suddenly, he rushed to lead Jungkook out of the living room to fight off any silence that planned to ensue. "I guess the more I wander around here every day, the smaller it gets."