Chapter 6: Who I Am

Hoseok's gaze continued to remain fixed onto the ground as his mind only held onto those words he just said to himself. While he continued to keep his words in his mind, the weight of his stare doubled in seconds as he quickly looked forward and began to walk. "How many times do I have to tell you? Ugh! Where is he?"

     The man charged through the hallway until he turned a corner and caught the young man sitting down at a low table with his head down. This room in particular had a sliding door leading to the backyard and windows that remained shut to keep the cold out, but capture the beautiful skies like ethereal paintings. As Hoseok stepped into this small room that would lead to the outside, his eyes locked onto the android, keeping his head down as he looked out the window up ahead that was in the direction of Jimin's house.

      "What's wrong with you?" Hoseok asked furiously as his arms folded and his stare became like daggers to the android. "Do you not understand the weight of this situation?!"

       "What are you talking about?" Jungkook asked and kept his body still while his head was met with his arms. He had no other words to say but his eyes yearned for something far beyond his reach and all he could do was stare.

      "Someone was at the door today..." Hoseok tossed in another hint to the android and instantly watched as the creation got up to latch his bright blue eyes onto the older human before him. "And they were asking for yo-"

      "Who was it?" Jungkook interrupted. Instantly, Hoseok caught onto the pink hues mixing with the bright blues in his eyes. Displaying a different color to his mood seconds into the conversation.

      "Sounds like you were expecting someone..." Hoseok continued to tease and refrain from answering as Jungkook only continued to stare with his eyes shifting into the color of pink along with a bright rose color surfacing on the apples of his cheeks. "Someone very special I suppose?"

       "Who was it...?"

       "Well, to make things clear, it wasn't Park Jimin. It was an android, he was sent by Jimin to accept your friend request."

       "He did?" Jungkook asked happily and made a bright smile, however, Hoseok wasn't going to mirror it in return. The atmosphere around them thickened as Hoseok only dared to step closer and closer to the young robot before him. "I... didn't go to a public place... I stayed here like you asked..."

       "That's not the point, I told you not to go to a public place because others can find you there... I specifically told you to stay inside where no one else can see you, but, out of the many months of having you here, you finally broke my rules and were noticed. What do you have to say for yourself?"

      Abruptly, the eyes of the android fell from bright pink and deepened into a vibrant crimson hue. The more Jungkook remained silent, the more his eyes did the talking for him. As Hoseok stood there, awaiting an answer, Jungkook only made a soft smile as his hands gripped onto the low table before him. Veins began to pop up on the skin of his hands as he kept grabbing onto the sides of the low table in anger.

     "Get mad all you want, Jungkook. But, I want my answer... now..."

     "Why... Do I have to explain... myself? I'm built to please humans, am I not? What's so wrong about interacting with just one?" Jungkook managed to speak and carry the slight smile over his face as he did so. Keeping his red glare locked onto Hoseok and not even daring to blink just once. "Oh no, they're coming to find me now as we speak! They are coming to deactivate me and use me for scrap pieces!" Jungkook spoke sarcastically and rolled his eyes right after, turning his body away from Hoseok and looking back at the window far ahead. "What's wrong with me? I'm far better than these Androids... I'm more human than all of them combined..."