Chapter 5: Making Connections

"Scan..?" Taehyung wondered and kept his confused stare fixed onto Jimin until he could process what the human meant. This left the android to let out a scoff until he finally realized what Jimin meant. "You mean, to identify others? Of course we can do that... but, we can only do it on other Androids. Not humans."

      "Wow, I've never heard of that one before, I'm so glad robots can't scan humans, if they could, I would have been so concerned!" Namjoon followed up. As he added onto the conversation, the timer on his phone went off, which meant that his break was over. "Well, we'll talk again soon, I have to get back to work."

      "Okay, can I have my cat back?" Taehyung asked innocently as his hands reached out to the cat in Namjoon's arms.

       "No," with that quick response, Namjoon quickly sprinted away from the booth and left Taehyung silent for a second. Without further ado, Taehyung checked if Namjoon was gone for sure before he stepped out of his seat and picked up another cat just strolling by.

       "You and what army? He can't stop me~" Taehyung said with a smile before turning to face Jimin once more. "Why did you ask?"

       "It was that android... that android I was mentioning yesterday, he showed up at my door today and wanted to confirm if my name was Park Jimin. I denied at first but then he said he knew because he can scan anyone!" Jimin continued to speak as his eyes latched onto the table before him. "His name is Jeon Jungkook... Do you know any androids by that name?"

      "No, but maybe if I go over to his place, I will be able to scan him and see what version he is. I know it's weird, but all Androids here today are the same version, there's no way he should be any different. That is unless... he's an android wannabe!"

     "Stop saying that, Taehyung! I doubt he's human, I ran into him and fell to the ground while he didn't even flinch at all! He's... very strong too... he's also built very well," Jimin went on and began to look back at the moment. "Jungkook wanted to be friends but then I rejected him and now.. I feel guilty-"

      "Well it's obvious you can't stop thinking about him, you should be his friend!" The young android stated, allowing Jimin to catch onto the way he was programmed into distracting Jimin at the moment so he wouldn't become too anxious about the android that somehow knew his name. "Maybe we're looking into this too much, you did say that he also lives in Hoseok's house so maybe you came up in a conversation and that's how he found out about you. He could have used the lie of scanning you just to make it seem less creepy."

      "You could be right... ah, I don't know, I feel... I feel a little guilty for rejecting him, but I'm too nervous and I don't think I can allow myself to have another android in my life like that again." Jimin let out a sigh and then held his face up with his soft hands pressing against the gentle skin on his red cheeks. "I can't give him what he wants in a friendship, I already have you as a friend, imagine me befriending another robot just weeks after he...."

     Again, Jimin's words trailed off and only resulted in him looking over at his phone where the lock screen of the beach during summertime was something he always tended to look back on.

      "Sure you can! You can always befriend another android, why do you make it out to be as if you're going to love this new robot? Just don't, problem solved!"

       "...'Just don't'? Thank you for planting that love block into my system, Taehyung. I feel less afraid of making connections with the robot next door!"

      "You're very welcome! You know I try my best and I- why do my sensors pick up sarcasm?"

      "I don't know, maybe they're broken?"