Chapter 22: I'm Here

"I'm... so sorry that happened to you..." Jimin replied and looked up to the man with concern weighing down his innocent gaze. He couldn't focus on the fear he had of being watched before so, he allowed curiosity to fill his head to the point where he wasn't anxious being in a public place. "Could that creation really be out there?"

     "It's only a thought of mine... a thought in which I fear... but, knowing how perfect Kim Seokjin wanted his creations to be, I doubt he would ever let any flawed creation out there. He absolutely despised the flaws in his creations and became a perfectionist on what he created with his hands. He's truly gifted... coding, hacking, building... there is no room for mistakes so I just think that IF the creation is out there..." Namjoon took a moment and leaned his head in towards Jimin. "He's probably hiding under a rock to avoid getting reported and caught by the big guy. It would be no surprise that Seokjin would be looking for him."

      "But how could he look for him if his right hand man tried his best to hide the creation from him?"

       "Well, of course Seokjin was able to see my injury. He just couldn't find the android because that right hand man of his, protected the android at all costs. I was fed up and I left. Deep down I hope they dismantled him by now... but surely they wouldn't make an announcement about a violent android on the loose, that will scare everyone!"

       "It's true, they would pull all androids and that will be the end of eternal bliss for those who rely on them heavily," Jimin replied and sat back against the chair. "I don't... think that creation is out there. I haven't seen any news about anyone getting hurt."

       "Either there are people getting hurt and Seokjin does a good job in covering it up, or the abomination is hiding. My money is on the second option... that creation was intelligent, envious, manipulative, mischievous, jealous,  and I blame that man who protected him completely."

      "Do you remember the name of that man?"

        "I never learned his name. In fact, I never saw his face. He was more of my boss' boss... part of the higher ups like Seokjin. Though, I only met Seokjin once when I reported the incident," Namjoon replied and shook his head right after. "Other than that, I can't recall anything from that android... only his blue eyes but all androids have those eyes."

      "Well, I'm sure it's not out there..." Jimin assured Namjoon and moved his hand over just to pat the man's hand carefully. At first, Jimin was a little startled. He couldn't recall touching the skin of another human being in such a long time, the feeling became foreign to him. "I.... I'm sorry..."

      "No, no, don't feel sorry..." Namjoon replied and made a big smile. "I don't mind your efforts to comfort me. I appreciate it."

       Jimin began to warm up to the idea of making a friend all on his own without too much of a push. Right now, he was glad to make a friend with a living and breathing person. Jungkook was a great android to rely on, but at the end of the day, he wasn't human and Jimin just knew he couldn't stick to a creation all the time. He needed to speak to someone who could cry with him, understand his issues and be able to reply back with anything random and not automatic. However, it didn't hide the fact that Jimin began to have a soft spot for Jeon Jungkook and he was sure it had nothing to do with his old feelings for Min Yoongi that had attached themselves to an android close by that reminded Jimin of him in a few ways.

      "If you plan on staying, I'll get you something on the house and if you stay until after my shift is over, we could go out and get some dinner, I could even drive you home if you don't have a car," suggested the man with a smile Jimin just couldn't say no to. Jimin could tell the man was desperate for human interaction after so long and that alone left Jimin to pity him. "We humans gotta stick together, right?"