Chapter 4: My Question

Jimin couldn't ease his breathing at all. He constantly rocked his gaze between Jungkook's hand and his blue eyes within seconds. How could a tall Android look so comforting, yet, leave Jimin questioning that idea so much? He wanted to know what made the creation stand before him like this and why did he dare to pursue a human that only exchanged curious stares with him just yesterday? Jimin wanted to know so much, but his anxiety sewed his mouth shut and only left him gawking at Jungkook's hand held out before him.

His hand looked bigger than Jimin's smaller hand; so he hesitated to even think of reaching out for it. The way Jungkook's right hand looked was far more realistic than other Androids; maybe it was the tattoos he had embedded into his fake skin or maybe it was the way those veins seemed to outline and extend to his forearm just underneath the sleeve to his black turtleneck sweater. Whatever it was, Jimin just couldn't let the idea pass him whatsoever. He felt smaller in front of this bigger android and could only muster up one response; picking one from the many words he had hoarded in his clustered mind at that very second.

"N-No... no I'm not..." Jimin lied and averted his gaze. The second he replied, he watched the android tilt his head from the corner of his eyes and quickly push himself to get up on his own. "My name is not Park Jimin and-"

"You really are a bad liar," Jungkook mentioned and let out a soft chuckle before standing up to face Jimin. There he stood, looking into the eyes of the human right before him, amplifying their size difference, and questioning their distance all in one stance. "There's no way around this, it wasn't a question. You're Park Jimin."

"And... h-how do you know that?" Jimin wondered and anxiously began to search for his phone as a source of distraction while he was talking to the android.

"My eyes can scan any human if I look long enough... is that not what other Androids do? It shouldn't be that surprising..." Jungkook continued the conversation and watched as Jimin's eyes frantically searched the ground in hopes of finding his phone. "What are you looking for?"

"Nothing. Also, I wasn't aware that Androids can have that ability," replied the anxious man. Jimin just found it easier to reply to the creation when he wasn't looking him in his eyes. So, the human continued to look around for his phone while the android stood there, slowly putting his hands behind his back to maintain a straight posture.

"Well, I can do it. Why can't others do it too?" The android asked before he made a smile. "I'll help." In seconds, he turned to a pile of snow close by and delved his hand into it. In seconds, he pulled it back and quickly retrieved Jimin's phone. "Here, is this what you're looking for?"

Jimin's eyes slowly met with his phone in Jungkook's hands as he built up the courage to finally look at the robot in his bright blue eyes again. The human was once again back in that trance he was in yesterday; looking into the eyes of the android and forgetting all the cautious thoughts that always pulled him away from the unknown when he truly longed to explore.

"Thank you," Jimin replied and watched Jungkook hand the phone over and deepen his sweet smile. "I... have to be somewhere..."

"I'll let you go, but I did want to speak with you so I'll make this quick. Here's my question," Jungkook mentioned as he noticed Jimin quickly looked away, so that only led to the android moving to the position Jimin stood in and tilted his head to match the level Jimin's eyes were stuck on. This suddenly worked and made Jimin lock onto his blue eyes once again. Trapping him in his chilling yet confusing gaze that sometimes comforted him, but sometimes concerned him.

"W-What is it?"

"Listen... I didn't want to come off weird but I'm already there, so... I just wanted to know if you... would like to become friends?" Jungkook asked so innocently and scratched the nape of his neck so nervously. Honestly, Jimin didn't know robots could display nervous emotions like this so easily, so every action Jungkook displayed furthered the many questions Jimin was just dying to ask.